Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Terrible Bent Horizon on New Inspire 1 Pro X5 DJI Lens

Thanks MEC for your quick answer.
A horizon that is not level however, is not my issue. I am concerend with barrel distortion that can be corrected with a suitable lens profile. And I am looking for that profile

I am using the latest LR CC 2015 release (2015.2.1 and Camera RAW 9.2), and it does not show what you post in your image for a DNG file. Attached is a screen shot. Granted, there is no lens profile in Camera RAW for any MFT lens, which is a sad fact and a major oversight on Adobe's part. However PS CC has some mighty useful lens correction controls for doing a manual correction, soooooo.........;)

You need to check Enable Profile Corrections and select DJI under the Make list.

Attachments

• SS 370.jpg
    SS 370.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16
My camera is the X5 (with the DJI 15mm and Olympus 12mm lenses) of the Inspire Pro, and that is not offered under DJI.
Selecting FC350 (the X3 camera) makes some improvement, but does not correct the image completely, i.e. straighten bent lines.

You need to check Enable Profile Corrections and select DJI under the Make list.

As the previous poster said, there is only an X3 (FC350) DJI profile in Camera RAW to date. Nothing for any MFT lenses, which are not DJI branded; e.g., Olympus Zuiko 12 mm, etc. Perhaps Adobe will update at some future time, but until then, use the manual profile corrections.

Lightroom has a basic barrel/pin cushion correction option in the Develop section which you might find useful for still shots.

The lens profile of MFT lenses is hardware coded in the lens and usually read by the camera and included in the image. LR or PS can then adjust automatically? That is why there is no standard profile by Adobe. I have made some quick test shots:
Testfotos - Hi-FlyFoto
As you can see only Raw photos with X5 and Oly 12mm is uncorrected (while GH4 with the same lens is ok and the X5 can also handle the DJI 15mm). So the compatibility stated by DJI is not complete. Has anyone noticed similar with other compatible lenses?

Hi-Fly, I'm a still photographer who uses the X5 and the DJI lens, and for me Lightroom seems to be doing the auto-correction with no problem. (LR tells me that the profile is built into the image or something to that effect, and the check box for "Enable profile corrections" is grayed out.)

Best example I can show conveniently is this:

Dallas Aerial from Reunion

It's actually a panorama stitched together from several images but the individual images are similar and don't have distortion when I look at them in LR.

I'm not sure why you're not getting the same results.

Actually the DJI 15mm works for me exactly as you describe.
It is the Olympus 12mm that does not function this way, and perhaps other lenses also do not work

Actually the DJI 15mm works for me exactly as you describe.
It is the Olympus 12mm that does not function this way, and perhaps other lenses also do not work

Sorry, right -- I guess I was responding to the OP (who is "Forrest Dein" and not you) and I confused your problems. He was having trouble with the DJI 15mm. Others offered advice to him as well but he never commented again after his original post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham