Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

set me straight on apple pro res and the cinema dng programs

Reaction score
Hi thanks for helping.

So do i need both ?

If not what is going to give me the 5.2k OR the best picture possible ?
what is the suggested SSD card , mainly using for real estate work so 5 mins filming per job .

if you have this what is everything i need and for you personally was it worth the investment or was the 4k from x5s good enough ?

I shoot 5k and have the ProRes license only. Using the 240GB SSD, it meets my needs. After testing with the X5S, the video is definitely demonstrating fewer compression artifacts that were visible in low light areas when recording to the SD card. The best way to describe this phenomenon is “muddiness.”

From my perspective, it is definitely worth it. For 5 minutes of filming, I’d suggest the 240GB SSD.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: dasko
Apple prores is probably all you need unless you are filming for a Cinema production. It will shoot 5.2K also. CinemaDNG produces huge files and you need a super fast computer to process and lots of SSD and hard drive space to store them. Prores4444 files also are very large. I mostly use the Prores422 format in Dlog. 422 files at 4k Dlog are 4gb for 56 seconds of video. 422 also produces very nice broadcast quality video. So most people probably would not need CinemaDNG unless your client requires it.

Reactions: dasko
That would work, license $500, 240 gb SSD $499, SSD reader $149= $1149 Kinda pricey but if you gotta have it.

its a matter of being on top and having abilities or services the opposition doesn't have or cant afford unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens