Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Restart Mac for cinelight to see files

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Cinelight will not see the files on the DJI SSD card reader unless I restart the computer. Luckily I stumbled across this before my frustration bubbled over.
Has anybody else had this trouble and more importantly know how to mount the SSD without restarting the computer
Thanks in advance for any input

Hi, unfortunately it's the only way to do it currently I believe. Maybe a force refresh of finder might do it also on a Mac?

Thanks Richard, At least I know its not just me.
Another quirk with DJI before they release to market. They must be aware of these issuse before release

Hi Folks
Cinelight will not see the files on the DJI SSD card reader unless I restart the computer. Luckily I stumbled across this before my frustration bubbled over.
Has anybody else had this trouble and more importantly know how to mount the SSD without restarting the computer
Thanks in advance for any input

If you are on the latest OS X (10.11.4) and the latest Cinelight (0.9.19) version this should have been solved:

Major Updates

1. Fixed issue of X5R SSD sometimes being un-recognizable when connected via USB 3.0 HUB to an OS X system.

If you are on the latest OS X (10.11.4) and the latest Cinelight (0.9.19) version this should have been solved:

Major Updates

1. Fixed issue of X5R SSD sometimes being un-recognizable when connected via USB 3.0 HUB to an OS X system.

Thanks a lot for the advice Quadpilot
I Already had OS X (10.11.4).
I Just updated from Cinelight 9.17 to 9.19 and still the same need to restart to mount the SSD.
Also now every time I start Cinelight 9.19, it puts a message up that update 9.17 is available, go figure?

On my iMac 5k I am running the same versions of OS X and Cinelight as Ralph. I am getting the very same boring update message and have to restart the iMac every time in order to mount the SSD.
Very annoying workflow obstacles. Please DJI...

Thanks a lot for the advice Quadpilot
I Already had OS X (10.11.4).
I Just updated from Cinelight 9.17 to 9.19 and still the same need to restart to mount the SSD.
Also now every time I start Cinelight 9.19, it puts a message up that update 9.17 is available, go figure?

Yah, I get the same stupid reminder to "upgrade" to an earlier version. :rolleyes:

One question: did you format both the mSD card and SSD in the app before download?
It's my experience that not doing so before each recording session can turn into an issue with the computer not recognizing the drive.

Similar problem in this thread: X5R VIDEO FILES INVISIBLE - CINELIGHT PROBLEM

Their issue was not having enough RAM. How much does your iMac 5K have?

For me Cinelight can't reach the SSD when its hooked up via USB-hub.
Connected directly to the computer it works fine......

Just a tip

Jerry

OK, so what's the trick to reading the SSD mags? Worked the first time. Dumped two flights. Shot some more stuff. Filled up two cards and now can't get Cinelight to see any of the cards. Rebooted 4 times. Nada.

I have 4 days of shooting next week and we're going to be shooting A LOT. Will need to figure this out otherwise it will bring us to a standstill.

Is there a specific order to it? Reboot. Open Cinelight. Plug card in reader. Plug in reader. What is it?

OSX 10.11.5. Cinelight v0.9.26.

Funny (although not ha-ha funny),

On 10.11.4 and 0.9.26 I had no problems with this.

Now on 10.11.5 and 0.9.26 I have to re-start my computer for the files to show up on Cinelight.

They will never fix this. If you have a method of making it work, stick with it. I never got Cinelight to read the SSD on my 5K iMac. My macbook does thankfully but only if the SSD is mounted before any other external drives and sometimes it still requires a reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz