Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5R SSD Does Not Work on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.3 - Don't Update!

Reaction score
Website
www.majorvisionmedia.com
Hey guys,

I recently updated my MacBook Pro to the newest Sierra OS. Now when I plug in my DJI SSD reader with the SSD installed, nothing happens. Nothing comes up on the desktop and no matter what I do, CineLight will not recognize anything has been plugged in. I plugged it into my friend's Mac running Yosemite and it came up immediately.

Anyone else had this issue? Can't wait to sell the X5R.

Some of the Mac OS required the SSD Reader to be connected to the computer with the SSD in it at the time you powered up the computer. This was fixed in a newer version of Cinelight at some point. I would try 2 things...first check to make sure you have the newest version of Cinelight. If so, shut down, plug everything in and then power back up. See if it sees the drive then.

If all else fails, but an Inspire 2 with the X5S from us...the cards and card readers work great...haha

Seriously we have an X5R we demo on an M600 and remember back to all the original issues they had. Ours works pretty good...we are Mac but I'd have to double check our OS to know if we are up to date right now or not.

Try the couple things I mentioned above and let me know if that gets you back up and running or not.

Thanks!

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Has this issue been solved? I am considering an X5R and thinking my computer will be fine with it, I'm on High Sierra with a pretty loaded I& iMac 4K

Hey guys,

I recently updated my MacBook Pro to the newest Sierra OS. Now when I plug in my DJI SSD reader with the SSD installed, nothing happens. Nothing comes up on the desktop and no matter what I do, CineLight will not recognize anything has been plugged in. I plugged it into my friend's Mac running Yosemite and it came up immediately.

Anyone else had this issue? Can't wait to sell the X5R.

Good morning, sir! Just wondering if you are having the same issue or if you have found a solution. Thanks!

ok I can say that High Sierra and Cinelight get along, just not terrifically, I have to reboot for the Mac to see the drive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz