Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Patch Failed...Controller Dead...

Reaction score
Help is requested from the DJI Community...

For the past month or so, my Matrice 100 has been working perfectly. Bonus points - the camera and extra battery finally came in!

Well, I did the required firmware update today, and...the controller is dead now. I got a message to call DJI Support after the update failed, which from reading posts looks like a dubious approach. Now my controller beeps away, and the Matrice 100 flashes frequently a yellowish-greenish color. The Matrice is now a dead brick. Teaches me to do a firmware upgrade...and I am a software developer!

Anyways, has anyone experienced the problem? How do I restore the flight controller (and maybe the aircraft) to its original settings? Is there a reasonable and orderly fix/restore from a software upgrade/patch? Very sad, and very frustrating this fun unit dead.

-- Andrew

Help is requested from the DJI Community...

For the past month or so, my Matrice 100 has been working perfectly. Bonus points - the camera and extra battery finally came in!

Well, I did the required firmware update today, and...the controller is dead now. I got a message to call DJI Support after the update failed, which from reading posts looks like a dubious approach. Now my controller beeps away, and the Matrice 100 flashes frequently a yellowish-greenish color. The Matrice is now a dead brick. Teaches me to do a firmware upgrade...and I am a software developer!

Anyways, has anyone experienced the problem? How do I restore the flight controller (and maybe the aircraft) to its original settings? Is there a reasonable and orderly fix/restore from a software upgrade/patch? Very sad, and very frustrating this fun unit dead.

-- Andrew
Hey Andrew ..
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
here's a link to the aviators patch file..
Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC | DJI Inspire Forum

I believe you plug it into the usb port on the back of the rc..
I'm not sure about a link..
you might want to start a conversation with the aviator if you need further assistance. ..

@turbodronepilot

Thank-you for the help.

BUT...per step (1) - how do you update the RC control with the patch? I have download the patch and it is installed on my USB drive. What is the link to install download software onto the RC controller?

Andrew

@turbodronepilot...and everyone.

The link sent to me did work AND the Matrice is back online! Whew! Some extra items:

* Per Aviator the fix was to put the file on a USB stick/drive with the gs_ofdm.bin file ONLY on the drive, and insert the USB drive into the USB port on the RC unit (FAT32 format drive). Turn on the RC unit and it will figure out the rest. And it did.

I followed the rest of the steps and was all set.

Well sort of.

After all the updates, patches and such I went to take the Matrice for a test flight. I did the auto take off, which worked fine and then, horror of horrors IT TOOK off flying on its own, yikes! I did an auto land, and it did an unpleasant sideways flight/landing into the ground. Yes, my heart was racing.

An inspection showed the vehicle was fine, save for a propeller popping off, which was re-attached. Double checked all the propellors (they were fine, surprisingly - no cracks, scuffs or anything), double checked the structure (fine) and double checked again to make sure the propellers were firmly attached and LOCKED onto the vehicle.

Then, getting the courage to fly the Matrice again, it took off normally, stayed in position normally, functioned normally - and I even got the courage to go up to 53m with her after touring around at 2-3 m.

Everything now checks out very well. Whew! Thank-you for your help!

-- Andrew

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz