Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Not happy with X5 quality of pics. Advise pls.

Thanks. I have not been able to get the lens sharp at all until yesterday and I realised how to calibrate the lens. Here are the originals straight from the camera stock lens....

View attachment 5695 View attachment 5696
Yeah there is definitely a learning curve but once you get it dialed in its absolutely amazing. I'm glad you are up and running. If you need any help just give me a shout. I am always around.
Respectfully

Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Yeah there is definitely a learning curve but once you get it dialed in its absolutely amazing. I'm glad you are up and running. If you need any help just give me a shout. I am always around.
Respectfully

Ralph
FlyHighUSA
Yes, I know Ralph. You have already been kind enough to help me. As you know, Im in television production so the drone is just a means to carry the camera rather than flying itself. Im still reading posts here regarding the 45mm but your 14-42 seems the way to go.
As I understand, I just need to screw it on and use the lens hood for the 12mm to balance? Is this the way to go or do I have to spend more and buy the 45mm and the 12mm? The idea of using the zoom in the air really appeals to my work.

The 14/42 is very versatile, in that you can get your wide angle shots and also get your telephoto shots as well on the fly. I have all three in my personal Arsenal but if I had to pick just one then the 14/42 is my personal choice. If you can have 2 lenses I would personally go with the 14/42 and the 12 mm Olympus. The 12 mm is truly a great piece of glass. The wide angle is breathtaking. Yes if you use the 14/42 the hood for the 12 mm is my choice. No other balancing needed for mine.

For the calibration, does the manual Aperture need to be set to the lowest f stop? My stock lens came at 5.6. I had a battery error of a few seconds in flight today so my main concern was solving that issue.

For the calibration, does the manual Aperture need to be set to the lowest f stop? My stock lens came at 5.6. I had a battery error of a few seconds in flight today so my main concern was solving that issue.
Doesn't need to be but is recommended as it will have the most depth of field so important to get the focus right at wide open aperture

Ok I will try that tomorrow!
Doesn't need to be but is recommended as it will have the most depth of field so important to get the focus right at wide open aperture
orrow

I do not believe that the f/stop needs to be set at anything in particular. At least I have not heard about that myself. I set mine to somewhere in the middle, I think f/8. I am not sure it matters. I have heard that one should use manual focus to calibrate. I am not sure that matters. I will tell you this, I had to calibrate several times in order for it to work properly. The GO app asks me repeatedly to calibrate because I change lenses quite often. I use 5 different lenses and I always calibrate when it is asked for. No big deal. If you are asked or wish to calibrate, if you pick an area of high contrast and more than 150 feet away and the OK button does not light up, move a little bit away and try again. I wait until see the "OK" button light up before calibrating. I've used all kinds of different places in the scene to do this, even the horizon. Seems to work for me. Good luck and keep your eyes on that battery! Thankfully I have never had a battery problem but I have now gotten somewhat paranoid due to what I have read here in the forum. It's a great place for info and I try and contribute because I can't tell you how much it has helped me. Good luck and please let me know if I can help in any other ways.
Thanks for your time! It was my inspire 1 Madian flight. I had good temp on my battery because I can fly it out side my back door. It said battery error and was around 3.8 volts on each cell then the message went away. I have flowed gas heli aerial platforms in the past but and new to the Inspire. It was a new fully charged battery with the firmware up to date.

Hi,
I have been having the same trouble getting sharp images but Im a camera man first and I realised I have to calibrate the camera in manual mode at infinity. Most here say to do it in AF but that doesn't make sense. Im happy now. Heres a couple of images I took yesterday where I live..

So you switched to Manual mode in the DJI go app, calibrated camera, then back to AF to take the shots?

This is an example of the capability of the X5 MFT, shot in raw and PP to A2 reduced to a tiny jpg 7mb, this is my first picture from a new Inspire X5.

Attachments

• Pepperpot small_.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 82
Can someone please help me?

I have had my Inspire 1 Pro for a month now and just can't get good quality photos or video from the Zenmuse X5 camera. They come out blurry every time. I've read possibly every post / thread i can find regarding these issues. I've spoken to DJI support and all they seemed to want to check was whether the firmware was up to date - it was. I've tried using different settings (4K all the way down to 1080p / manual vs auto focus etc etc) and I have calibrated, re-calibrated, and calibrated the lens over and over again and still to no effect.

To my eye (I work in imaging for print purposes) the images i am taking are coming out blurry. The videos are okay ish but still not what i would call HD. It just seems that the lens on my X5 will NOT calibrate.

Can someone give me the definitive method to calibrate the X5. It's driving me crazy!

Reactions: DrDecks
This is an example of the capability of the X5 MFT, shot in raw and PP to A2 reduced to a tiny jpg 7mb, this is my first picture from a new Inspire X5.

Can i ask what setting you had on the camera to take this. The quality is amazing and exactly what i hoped to achieve.

In addition to what i have already posted but i have to say that the situation is not helped by the fact that the DJI app seems to forget the settings you create every time you turn the drone / camera or app off. Does anyone else experience this?

Fanti not being a spoil sport but those images (2nd one especially) look a bit high dude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham