Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

ND Filters for X5?

Is there a 46mm UV filter that will work with the X5 Pro and not upset the balance the ring currently does that has not glass in it?

I'll re-phrase...

Is there a DJI approved UV filter for the X5 Pro camera that would replace the BR-46-10 which is required for proper balance AND would still allow me to use my lens hood without upsetting the balance of the camera?

All of my lenses (quad or still) have a UV filter at minimum. I never leave any lens openly exposed to the elements.

If anyone has a link to a product - please reply

Thank you.

I'll re-phrase...

Is there a DJI approved UV filter for the X5 Pro camera that would replace the BR-46-10 which is required for proper balance AND would still allow me to use my lens hood without upsetting the balance of the camera?

All of my lenses (quad or still) have a UV filter at minimum. I never leave any lens openly exposed to the elements.

If anyone has a link to a product - please reply

Thank you.
Hey Steven,

We have an ultralight UV filter in our DJI Zenmuse X5 Filter 3-Pack
If you dont want all 3 filters shoot me an email and I can put in a special order for the single UV filter:
[email protected]

Jeff

I've never had a use for a UV/protection filter. Just don't touch the lens, don't scratch anything against it, and put the cover on when you're not using it.

I agree with you. If I am spending hundreds of dollars on a great lens I don't want to put a cheap piece of glass in front of it. It kind of defeats the purpose. This being said, UVs have their uses, in spray condition for example.
Each sensor has a sweet spot in term of ISO, it is called the native ISO. It produces the cleanest image (when correctly exposed).
So if you can, you start with this ISO. Your shutter speed as mentioned above is more or less dictated by your frame rate unless you are making a creative choice. The only thing left to set is the aperture but each lens has an aperture sweet spot between f5.6 and f8 generally speaking. So when you found a combination that works for you, you tend to use these settings as your starting point and modify them according to the shoot at hand.
ND filters allow you to stay within that range and is an essential part of shooting video, especially with a high level camera like the X5 or X5R. It allows you to make series of shots that are easy to edit together because they will have the same "feel."
From there, you can change the aperture and or ISO according to what you need but you control it, you don't let the camera decide for you.
It will make you a more consistent and better shooter able to predict the outcome of a shoot.
My assumption here it is anyone who shoots with an X5R or X5 wants gorgeous footage.
Brice

Reactions: PolarPro
I recieved Polar Pro set of filters for X5 just today and I`m quite pleased by the set. All filters look very well built and CP filters have very precise, smooth rotation and all are super light. They are shipped with GREAT filter case and 6 small filter pouches, if you don`t want to use a case for some reason. The price you need to pay for their lightness is that the glass itself is ON the of the metal rim and therefore is not protected. It`s very easy to chip the edge or make smudges on them - they are VERY, VERY FINE. They don`t seem to have any anti-dirt coating as my biger Hoya filters, but it`s understandable in this price. Still you`ll need very clean and fine cloht to clean them. Can`t tell much about the quality of the glass yet, but they seem good to me so far.

I am considering buying a set of PolarPro filters for my X5. Is it possible to use the stock lens cap once the filter is installed? If I understand correctly, the filter replaces the supplied balancing ring, and you continue to use the original lens hood for balance. Thanks.

The design of the polar pro filter does not allow for the lens cap to be fitted.

Its ring isn't designed in the same way as conventional filters are for DSLRs

The design of the polar pro filter does not allow for the lens cap to be fitted.

Its ring isn't designed in the same way as conventional filters are for DSLRs

Are you able to rotate the polar pro filters for optimum polarization while mounted on the camera?
Is there any interference with the lens hood on stock DJI 15mm lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can rotate the CP while its mounted to the lens.

You can also rotate the CP with the lens hood fitted, with care, as there is a chance of finger marks on the glass as there is not much room, particularly if you have sausage fingers

Reactions: 2nd2non

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz