Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Motor/ Batter Temp for Matrice 100

Reaction score
Looking into working in volatile environments with a developer style drone and was wondering if anyone knew of the max temp ranges for the batteries and motors for the Matrice 100.
I understand the that the drone is not Explosion Proof nor Intrinsically Safe but depending on the operating temperatures the client may waive the requirements.

Looking into working in volatile environments with a developer style drone and was wondering if anyone knew of the max temp ranges for the batteries and motors for the Matrice 100.
I understand the that the drone is not Explosion Proof nor Intrinsically Safe but depending on the operating temperatures the client may waive the requirements.
You are correct - none of DJI's aircraft are ATEX certified for operation in dangerous environments.
The operating temperature range is as per the manufactures stated numbers on the specification page which is -10c to +40c.
If you were to operate commercially outside of these ranges and anything happened your insurance company would probably want to know why you were operating the aircraft outside of the manufacturers stipulated range and presumably you would be outside your operations criteria as per your ops manual?

Reactions: Jman642
I am not looking to exceed or operate outside these temperatures, just making sure that the operation temperature would not exceed the auto-ignition temp of Petrol vapors. Seems that there is a very limited amount of ATEX drones on the market so I am looking to develop one in house to sample vapor concentrations in hazardous environments.

I am not looking to exceed or operate outside these temperatures, just making sure that the operation temperature would not exceed the auto-ignition temp of Petrol vapors. Seems that there is a very limited amount of ATEX drones on the market so I am looking to develop one in house to sample vapor concentrations in hazardous environments.
I think you're safe - petrol auto ignition is around 247c :p
You would have your work cut out 'building' or modifying an aerial platform to be ATEX (or HAZLOC in the US) compliant since it would need to be tested and certified by the controlling dept/body responsible for awarding the certificates.
It would be cheaper to purchase an ATEX certified UAV than pay for the testing (which may fail) on your own creation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz