Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Matrice T30 Remote ID

Reaction score
I currently have a Matrice T30 Enterprise Drone. My question is a way to see if the remote id works on these drones.
I have downloaded several apple apps for my cellphone (samsung S23 Ultra) and have tried but it does not detect or
show anythins on the screen.

Anyone have tried this or have a way to see this type of drone remote id on any apps?

I currently have a Matrice T30 Enterprise Drone. My question is a way to see if the remote id works on these drones.
I have downloaded several apple apps for my cellphone (samsung S23 Ultra) and have tried but it does not detect or

Anyone have tried this or have a way to see this type of drone remote id on any apps?
Is it possible that you need a firmware update? For the Matrice 30 Series, firmware versions v05. 01.00. 00 and newer are RID compliant.

I have the latest firmware V07.00.01.46, but I would like to prove that it works,
Anyone done that?

I downloaded Drone Scanner from the Apple App Store and tried it with my Matrice 30 and my Mavic 3.
The app didn't detect either aircraft while flying. There are notes with the app that state that the iphones can't use WIFI only Bluetooth to detect aircraft - and I don't think that either of my 2 drones use Bluetooth to fly. And only the Mavic 3 uses Bluetooth to download files.
If I plug in the DJI compliance code in the app, I get an error message, "Error parsing UAS ID: Invalid manufacturer code."
RID is active and shows correctly on the home page of the Pilot 2 app on the controller - so I know that is not the issue.
However, in Canada here, RID is not a thing yet, so perhaps, compliance codes are country specific? and can't be used from one country to the next? So RID doesn't work with the apps here. Just a thought.
Maybe our Matrice drones are ghosts LOL. I was surprised that there doesn't seem to be the same implementation of Fly Safe that's on the consumer drones that wouldn't let me fly into warning areas.
I was shocked the other day when I flew over a grass airstrip without any warning with the Matrice 30. I always received warnings for the same area with the Mavic 3.

This is from the FAA website.
US RID Matrice M30T.jpg

I have seen the above DOC , but I would like to prove that it works by some
apps or software that it actually broadcasts the remote id.

I have seen the above DOC , but I would like to prove that it works by some
apps or software that it actually broadcasts the remote id.
Me too. I couldn't detect RID from either my Mavic 3 or Matrice 30. I should test next with an Android phone or tablet.

I tried the samsung s23 ultra and a apple ipad 12.9 with latest updates and no detection.
So I really don't know if rid is working or not, but dji says it won't take off unless rid is
working.
You would think that dji would provide some sort of app or software to let us prove it.

I tried the samsung s23 ultra and a apple ipad 12.9 with latest updates and no detection.
So I really don't know if rid is working or not, but dji says it won't take off unless rid is
working.
You would think that dji would provide some sort of app or software to let us prove it.
After the failures with the iphone, I installed Drone Scanner and Dronfinder on my Tripltek Pro 7 Android tablet and tried both apps with my Mavic 3 and Matrice 30.

Neither app could detect the drones - even though the DJI app said RID was enabled.

If DJI says it is working and the FAA lets it be in compliance, that's good for the general public,
that way they can't come bother us.

Reactions: Wanderlost
Those apps only work properly with the broadcast RID modules not the embedded. My M200 has a DB120 and it works fine while my Skydio2+ and Mini 3 series do not show up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103