Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Remote ID for Matrice 600 Pro

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has outfitted their M600P with a Remote ID module? I'm looking at this guy: Cube ID, and am hoping someone can save me some googling and tell me if/why either the CAN or Serial option would be better on this drone. Thanks!

This strictly looks made for Pixhawk flight controllers when I looked at the manual. What made you think it worked with M600?
Huh. I guess I have the wrong idea? UAV Coach had this link under their DJI drones section, so I didn't even think about different platform compatibilities. I assumed (!) you only had to find a way to power the module, that it transmitted an ID that you registered with the FAA, not that it tied into any software. Am I wrong there?

it says its for Ardupilot controllers...
this module os for like an OEM wanting to integrate into their finished system not to add as standalone.

in any case...im hearing rumors that they are pushing out the deadline because there are huge backlogs on devices.
and even more...who is going to enforce? you think someone is really going to look for whose drone is not transmitting RID? I think the FAA has bigger fish to fry.
IN any case..there are a number of youtube videos comparing the available stand along modules..

Good call @VolareAerial - YouTube has a bunch of info on this. Most helpful, for my underdeveloped powers of comprehension, was the comments section in this video, should anyone else be in a similar spot:
. TLDR: the unit doesn't just turn on and emit an ID, it requires the Ardupilot controller.

Given a number of other posts mention the 9/16 deadline will (or will likely) be extended, I think I'll wait and see, and probably get a standalone unit that can (hopefully) be registered to and slapped on whichever pre-RID craft I'm flying.

Reactions: VolareAerial

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103