Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Manual or Auto focus

Reaction score
I seen the option on the lens for manual or auto focus. What do you usually run it on and why. What does each do specifically? Thank you in advanced.

p.s (can the x5 be stored in the box with the lens off the gimble? Couldn't figure that out earlier today.

Always manual focus for me. I don`t see the need for auto really unless you are using the 45mm f1.8 to take photos or getting ultra close to a subject and have the aperture wide open. On the Olympus 12mm I have the lens itself set to manual and focused to infinity. F5.6 is generally the sweet spot for M43 lenses and with the fact in video it is a 2.3x crop, you are looking at a very deep depth of field anyway, so manual and setting the focus to infinity is IMO the best option.

No, keep auto-focus enabled on the lens itself. Manual focus in the app if you feel you need to. The lens setting is for the DJI Wireless Follow Focus only.

No, keep auto-focus enabled on the lens itself. Manual focus in the app if you feel you need to. The lens setting is for the DJI Wireless Follow Focus only.

Sorry, too clarify I mean on the 12mm lens you can snap it to manual and focus on the lens it self, I just focused this to infinity and left it. The 15mm lens is calibrated correctly and I just keep this set to infinity in the app.

Reactions: Element
Sorry, too clarify I mean on the 12mm lens you can snap it to manual and focus on the lens it self, I just focused this to infinity and left it. The 15mm lens is calibrated correctly and I just keep this set to infinity in the app.

Ah ok! Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
I am still trying to determine what is better as well. Manual Vs Auto focus for the Zenmuse X5. Nothing really convincing in this thread yet.

Hailstone. Got a quick question slightly off topic. Like your music you website show reel -How much did you pay for the rights to it?

Hailstone. Got a quick question slightly off topic. Like your music you website show reel -How much did you pay for the rights to it?
Ask for permission to use the song from her record label "Island Records"
I just had a look at your site. You have a typo on the page as in "Rescue" you may want to fix.
View attachment 7062
You are right! I do to.. Thanks very much for that! I just checked my business cards and they are the same!

Ask for permission to use the song from her record label "Island Records"

You are right! I do to.. Thanks very much for that! I just checked my business cards and they are the same!
I wasn't picking on you but Im a radio /TV announcer and I saw it right away. Ill scan the rest of your site if you like when I get a moment.

I wasn't picking on you but Im a radio /TV announcer and I saw it right away. Ill scan the rest of your site if you like when I get a moment.
Not at all. Thank you very much for letting me know. I really appreciate it. Yes that would be great. I wonder how many more mistakes I've made, haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham