Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M4/3 camera with GPS

Reaction score
I am looking at complimenting my X5 with a handheld standard micro 4/3 camera but ideally want one with gps for geotagging (as easily as the DJI) without altering and merging logs etc. I bought a number of M43 lenses for the Inspire 1 hence why want to compliment it with a hand held camera for further geotagged shots

I cant find anywhere any M43 cameras with GPS , can anyone point me in the right direction ?

While I am aware of camera with gps you can use and app like Geotag Photos Pro and then use Lightroom/tracklog to add gps data to images. Just need to make sure camera has correct time set.

im ideally looking for a solution built in without resorting to geotagging via smartphone and secondary processing, timing etc. Just want to point and shoot with a m43 lens camera and have the exif data there so i can compliment the inspire mapping

Reactions: SanCap
Osmo won't give you GPS.

4-5 years back it was common for cameras to have integrated GPS, but it seems everybody has given up on that now.
I recall people having problems travelling in some countries where they could get their camera confiscated if it had a GPS. It also increased battery draw, and most importantly was usually never ready with a lock when you took your photos shortly after powering the camera on so most of the time you came back and only a third of your pictures actually had a location. A continuously on dedicated tracker you sync with after the fact doesn't have that problem.

Maybe if you can be happy with an old model...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Constructorul