Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Lens recommendation for X5: Olympus, DJI or Panasonic Leica?

Reaction score
Does anybody have a recommendation for one of the approved 15 mm lenses for the X5?
I our area I would have prefered the Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 15 mm F 1,7, over the other lenses, but I read in an other forum, that the Panasonic Leica should not be the best choice.
Maybe this was written for marketing resons only. Does have anybody a more insight view?

There are two supported 15mm lenses: the Panasonic/Leica and the DJI. Based on that alone, I would choose the Panasonic/Leica. We don't yet know who manufactures the DJI lens; it might in fact just be a relabeled Panasonic/Leica. But we do know who manufactures the Panasonic/Leica lens, and we know that they have long histories of producing outstanding lenses.

The question for me was Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm vs. the Panasonic/Leica 15mm. I went with the 12mm because of the slightly wider field of view.

Reactions: howard rockliffe
There are two supported 15mm lenses: the Panasonic/Leica and the DJI. Based on that alone, I would choose the Panasonic/Leica. We don't yet know who manufactures the DJI lens; it might in fact just be a relabeled Panasonic/Leica. But we do know who manufactures the Panasonic/Leica lens, and we know that they have long histories of producing outstanding lenses.

The question for me was Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm vs. the Panasonic/Leica 15mm. I went with the 12mm because of the slightly wider field of view.
I agree. I like the slightly wider view, and it seems to be just that much tighter than the stock X3, which is good.

Yep by all accounts the 12mm is much smoother. I have this lens on order and am returning my Leica

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens