Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Inspire RAW is shipping

The DJI Inspire Raw is shipping now but the X5R sold individually will be shipping out next week according to my guy at DJI. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby.
Hey Ralph, can i have one from the new bench that alredy comes with the X5R, since I orderd both from you?

ProRes isn't some magic thing that retains all the detail of a 200Mbps stream in a 20Mbps stream -- math no work that way! If it did there would be no need for the X5R and it's SSD.

So, use ProRes to make smaller files for editing (proxy) than use the full sized files for render/output.

Brian

ProRes isn't some magic thing that retains all the detail of a 200Mbps stream in a 20Mbps stream -- math no work that way! If it did there would be no need for the X5R and it's SSD.

So, use ProRes to make smaller files for editing (proxy) than use the full sized files for render/output.

Brian

I'm well aware of what ProRes and CinenaDNG are. My company invented the later. [emoji106]

See this is what I would really love to do, and completely understand that although it makes complete sense, such a possibility will never be made available through DJI.

Mount a BM Micro Cinema Camera to a purpose-built gimbal for the Inspire (or Matrice). The camera is priced at $1000 US, shoots 1080p60 max (no 4k), MFT lens mount and most importantly, a beautiful image from a company that specializes in imaging. It records ProRes to SD cards and takes a Canon LP-E6 battery... Music.
But it will never happen with DJI, I'll have to shell out $$$ for a new system that guaranteed does not have the intuitiveness and power of the DJI UI, while DJI f---'s around with a zillion FW updates to bandaid a poorly engineered camera.

That camera doesn't do 4K, and has a much smaller sensor than the X5.

At some point, the video quality of the X5 will be where it should. We just have to wait.

That camera doesn't do 4K, and has a much smaller sensor than the X5.

At some point, the video quality of the X5 will be where it should. We just have to wait.

Yes the sensor is about half the size, but at least the full sensor is used unlike the X5 which cannot process the full sensor readout due to the slow SoC.
Also I would rather have beautiful 1080p than crappy 4k any day of the week.
I don't think the X5 will ever get to that level of quality... The X5R, maybe, but not at that price. I can get 1.5 Micro Cinema cameras for the price of one X5R SSD...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham