Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Heliopan variable ND filter!

Reaction score
Finally got my Heliopan filter from B&H and very happy with it no issues what so ever with the gimbal. Not cheap but its one of the best graduated filters out there. Just giving you guys a heads up instead of buying 3/4 nd filters you just buy one and thats it :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Bozz
good filters but technically you should get better quality with fixed filters of the same brand, so im just going to buy 3 as it works out the same price and keeps my ocd at bay.dont take long to swap a filter around and you can never be that exact as metering changes depending on where you point camera.a .9/1.2/1.5 Will cover you for most scenarios.

good filters but technically you should get better quality with fixed filters of the same brand, so im just going to buy 3 as it works out the same price and keeps my ocd at bay.dont take long to swap a filter around and you can never be that exact as metering changes depending on where you point camera.a .9/1.2/1.5 Will cover you for most scenarios.
with that filter you can fine tune your exposure perfectly and keeping the lens wide open and its faster than swapping filters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bozz
Finally got my Heliopan filter from B&H and very happy with it no issues what so ever with the gimbal. Not cheap but its one of the best graduated filters out there. Just giving you guys a heads up instead of buying 3/4 nd filters you just buy one and thats it :D

Don't mean to quibble, but it's not a graduated ND but a variable ND. Graduated NDs have a varying density across the filter to compensate for bright skies, clouds. Variable NDs have two circular polarizing filters that vary the amount of light admitted by changing the angle of one of them. This can sometimes lead to some interesting effects as reflected light is blocked more than direct light. Beware of situations where there are a lot of reflections off of glass, water, ice, etc.

Reactions: The Editor
Don't mean to quibble, but it's not a graduated ND but a variable ND. Graduated NDs have a varying density across the filter to compensate for bright skies, clouds. Variable NDs have two circular polarizing filters that vary the amount of light admitted by changing the angle of one of them. This can sometimes lead to some interesting effects as reflected light is blocked more than direct light. Beware of situations where there are a lot of reflections off of glass, water, ice, etc.

lol you are 100% right and the title says "Variable" i did a typo in the text :D

I actually consider this one of the possible benefits of using a variable ND. Rather than buying a bunch of combined ND and polarizers like I have for the X3, you can just use a variable ND. Some people don't like the flattened look of a polarizer outside, but I usually use a polarizer when shooting outside.

Reactions: Predator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz