Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X3 filters on X4S Camera - Success!!!

Reaction score
Like many of us, I moved from the inspire 1 to the inspire 2. Never owning any of the P series I opted for both the X4s and X5S cameras depending on if i'm flying single vs. dual operator pulling focus, different focal lengths, etc.

I am a product designer / aerospace engineer by trade (and I'm somewhat cheap... I say that after buying an i2...) so I spent a little time designing and 3D printing an ABS plastic adapter ring to fit the ~36mm⌀ X3 PolarPro filters to the ~34mm⌀ X4S thread. Below are some images and not only that, the STL file for you to print, find a friend to print, shapeways, etc... no commercial purposes, etc. do not manufacture and sell these... blah blah blah... I know I can't regulate that, but the entire community will suffer if these start being sold.

I really like the PolarPro Filters on my X3 camera and they do a phenomenal job on the X4S also. I am unsure if any other filters work with this, but they should.

I am not responsible if you lose parts, damage your equipment, injure yourself or others, etc. Do not fly with this on your sUAS / Drone... ever. You take full responsibility of this file's use.

DJI X4S to X3 Filter Adapter by TooSlow2Care

Cheers,
Brian

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    665.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    501.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 26
  • X4S to X3 Filter Adapter Ring.JPG
    X4S to X3 Filter Adapter Ring.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Like many of us, I moved from the inspire 1 to the inspire 2. Never owning any of the P series I opted for both the X4s and X5S cameras depending on if i'm flying single vs. dual operator pulling focus, different focal lengths, etc.

I am a product designer / aerospace engineer by trade (and I'm somewhat cheap... I say that after buying an i2...) so I spent a little time designing and 3D printing an ABS plastic adapter ring to fit the ~36mm⌀ X3 PolarPro filters to the ~34mm⌀ X4S thread. Below are some images and not only that, the STL file for you to print, find a friend to print, shapeways, etc... no commercial purposes, etc. do not manufacture and sell these... blah blah blah... I know I can't regulate that, but the entire community will suffer if these start being sold.

I really like the PolarPro Filters on my X3 camera and they do a phenomenal job on the X4S also. I am unsure if any other filters work with this, but they should.

I am not responsible if you lose parts, damage your equipment, injure yourself or others, etc. Do not fly with this on your sUAS / Drone... ever. You take full responsibility of this file's use.

DJI X4S to X3 Filter Adapter by TooSlow2Care

Cheers,
Brian
Any vignetting?

Anyone looking for a X4S camera and lens brand new, I've got one. It was my purchase when I bought my Inspire 2. A week after purchase I moved up to the X5S camera so the X4 is just sitting around waiting for an Inspire 2 to hook up with. My purchase was around $600.00 and I'm letting it go for $350.00. This camera has only around two hours of air time and would be the perfect Christmas gift for some droner looking to purchase the DJI Inspire 2. Drop me a line if your interested. I'll throw in the filter pack containing three "Polarpro" filters for an additional $30.00. For shipping info. I live in California.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103