Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

FLIR for Law Enforcement

As of now, we have one HDMI cable running to the outside of the command post which in turn feeds it to the monitors needed. Our technical guy is working on the cellular service in Cryptid thingy majiggy to connect to the whosemmabop to get it wirelessly. Obviously I don't know how he's doing that, by my terminology. LOL.
lol Right?

There is a large monitor outside the Command Post where I can hook up to, and view the same screen with telemetry as the IPad... There is a large door that I can close so that media can not view the screen.. This also feeds the inside screens (because they sit in the A/C...LOL).. But the IPad Pro has WiFi and cellular service capabilities.. The Command Post is being upgraded with some sort of "Doohickie" that will allow me to maneuver within a LARGE range away from the actual Command Post.. Getting me closer to the actual scene for the purpose of keeping the sAUS in sight but still sending the feed to the Command Post.. R&D has been done with everything, except this new "Doohickie" which will work flawlessly (I've been told)...

@Southern Style if you contact RMUS they have lots of these solutions already worked out and have them SECURE so you don't have to worry about Chain of Custody etc.

I fully understand wanting to "develop" it internally but sometimes it's better to travel the path already established by others before us.

Thank you.. Will check them out... This is something new to the department, so I was not sure were to search for something I didnt know existed.. Will definitely pass this info on to the computer dude helping us.. This might help him solve our issue a lot quicker...

I work for RI. Dept. of corrections. Myself and another officer have been using our personal drones for training. Recently I've been asked to research a drone for the department. I was looking at the I1 with xt camera and the Matrice 200. Any recommendations and tips would be helpful. What kind of setup do you have as far as using tablets or outputting a live feed to a monitor.
Matrice 600 w/ dual mount XT and Z3, with CrystaSky monitors (Ipads suck in the AZ summer!) The command van monitor output issue hasn't been a problem yet but we left it to the IT wizards to figure it out. Hopefully the future will bring us a Z30.

Luis Martinez V414
Chief UAS Pilot
Maricopa Police Department
39700 West Civic Center Plaza,
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
upload_2017-12-24_12-23-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-24_12-21-44.png
    upload_2017-12-24_12-21-44.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 16
Matrice 600 w/ dual mount XT and Z3, with CrystaSky monitors (Ipads suck in the AZ summer!) The command van monitor output issue hasn't been a problem yet but we left it to the IT wizards to figure it out. Hopefully the future will bring us a Z30.

Luis Martinez V414
Chief UAS Pilot
Maricopa Police Department
39700 West Civic Center Plaza,
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
View attachment 17543

Watched Drone U as well as hearing many folks talk about the IPad heating up and causing glitches in the screen while flying (Green Screen)....... Some folks are going to cooling pads and other methods. But instead of a band-aid, I am glad to see you could get the CrystalSky monitors.. We will move to these in the near future..

I am a Massachusetts LEO and in charge of our new Drone Program. I am still sorting my way through the FAA Public COA. I hope to have the approval back in the next 60 to 90 days. Have any of you gone the Public COA route or are you using Part 107 pilots ? I still have a lot to do and would love to see what you guys are using for training programs.

Thanks
Craig

We went 107 as it seemed easier for us (purely Class G airspace) Craig. We have a night waiver and that's pretty much all we need I trained 6 pilots over 3 months to pass their 107 exam. Just went operational this past December. I'd be happy to pass along a copy of our operations manual, Part 107 lesson plan, and 200 slide PowerPoint I put together.

We went 107 as it seemed easier for us (purely Class G airspace) Craig. We have a night waiver and that's pretty much all we need I trained 6 pilots over 3 months to pass their 107 exam. Just went operational this past December. I'd be happy to pass along a copy of our operations manual, Part 107 lesson plan, and 200 slide PowerPoint I put together.

Thanks !! Thats awesome !

I sent you a conversation !

Also LEO/UAS coordinator for my police agency. We're flying the P3P and a Matrice 210 with XT FLIR. the XT has been very beneficial for us in the short few months we've had it. We're flying under 107 with .29 waiver and multiple pilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brickelldrone