Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

First X5 sample footage from South Wales, UK

Reaction score
Having received our X5 last week, I was keen to try it out over an abandoned site near our base in Wales. Footage benefitted from some colour grading and tweaks in FCPX and a few plugins, and on the whole, impressive stuff!

- very well made and easy to install
- the vibration board installation is a lot more fiddly than the chap in the DJI video!!
- a fair bit of post processing required to get the best results, but that applies to any sensor really
- the Inspire was notably noisier in the air due to the heavier payload
- battery life was still good

Reactions: Hercules_One
Thanks for posting that. I like the colours in your short film. Hard to tell definition as it's only 1080p on Vimeo.

Just a couple of questions. What lens did you use and and from you describe it seems you have got your hands on a X5 only package rather than the Inspire Pro?

Interesting. Would be good to see the original 4K file. My only real observation was that particularly towards the end there seemed to be vibration causing jello.

Thanks for posting that. I like the colours in your short film. Hard to tell definition as it's only 1080p on Vimeo.

Just a couple of questions. What lens did you use and and from you describe it seems you have got your hands on a X5 only package rather than the Inspire Pro?

Hi,

Glad you liked my footage. The lens used was the DJI MFT 15mm F/1.7. I ordered the board and X5 kit directly from DJI website which took around 35 days to arrive in UK.

I'll upload the raw 4K footage to this thread when I get some decent bandwidth.

Best,

Nick

Interesting. Would be good to see the original 4K file. My only real observation was that particularly towards the end there seemed to be vibration causing jello.

interesting observation - the wind was picking up as the shoot progressed, and the coal tip was acting as an accelerator for the airflow as well. Would a different shutter speed have countered this?

Nick

Thanks for providing the download link. Again glorious natural colour. I was also interested in the company that provided the downlink, Terradat, as my primary interest in aerial photography and video is in documenting archaeological sites. I'd be very interested in finding out how you will use the Inspire within the surveying environment.

Looks great Nickruss. You say the battery life was still good - how many minutes did you get?

Hi,

TerraDat is my company that provides mapping services of the above and below ground. For many years we've used various platforms for photogrammetric modelling of a wide range of structures and the developments in remotely piloted aerial platforms have overtaken our earlier helium balloons, kites and poles. Archaeological work is usually done using zenithal views at low altitudes and supplemented by terrestrial imaging as well. This could include handheld full frame DSLR captures, or the use of a laser scanner. It really depends on the scale and detail needed in the end result. So in short, we have a wide array of wonderful gadgets and tools at our disposal, but the real value comes in how the final deliverable is produced and presented. Hope this gives you some more insight!

Best,

Nick

Not to nitpick or anything, but you mean to say Nadiral when referring to a view taken from above and looking directly down.
The Zenith is the point directly above the observation point and the Nadir is directly below.

I literally only found that out when reading 2000AD years ago and one of my fave characters was called Zenith, so I went and found out what it meant.

I reckon with a TB47 battery I got around 15 minutes, although there was quite a stiff breeze blowing, so I'd expect a bit more perhaps on a calm day.
What level are you flying your battery down to to get 15 mins out of a TB47 with the additional payload mass of the X5?

Reactions: Andreas
Sorry for the delayed response. I'd have to fly again and take more notice, however the battery was on the default setting, but I did spend around 3 mins getting it back and landing with it "in the red"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz