Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Euro-USC Charges.

Hugh - Check out this BMFA document detailing multirotor exams;

- http://www.bmfa.org/DesktopModules/...ryId=1636&language=en-GB&PortalId=0&TabId=220

Hopefully that helps somewhat?

Simon: I do think there is a loophole here somewhere.

I don't wish to be rude but I think going the A Cert and ops manual only route, leaves some doubt as to whether the participant has all the required theoretical knowledge that someone going the NQE route would have. I am not saying you don't have this knowledge, I'm just saying that it is hard to give evidence for it in the PFAW application.

As said previously, the Ops manual would have to be many volumes wide in order to show the breadth of knowledge gained from ground school and examined against.

These are my thoughts exactly. Having gone the NQE route myself and speaking regularly to both NQE instructors and Ex RAF pilots the BFMA test goes nowhere near the requisite standards of going through briefing, mission planning, de-brief, site survey, risk assessment etc as well as testing your full adherence to your emergency procedures.
I wouldn't mind betting this 'route' disappears very quickly now the door has been tested.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Be as rude as you like, seems to me I read and understood the relevant CAA info more than some :rolleyes::)
I managed to write an ops manual, without an NQE, it's not easy as I'm sure you're aware.
As I've said, this isn't for everyone, it's tough, but it works, has been available for 12 months.
Feel free to make assumptions, I know what I've achieved and how. The CAA know too and are satisfied, as are the insurance company.
The whole PFAW system is under review, they have to for many reasons as we know.

Good luck to all going for their PFAW, whichever route you personally choose :)

Last edited:
Oscen, thank you for the link.

I think that having begun with Euro.... I should probably finish with them too... It just seems odd that all the practical testing sites are all miles from the south.

Best

H

No bother.

Could be worse, they could be in another country from you ;)

I'm in the same boat. Passed my ground school with EuroUsc end of last year. Paid the second invoice and had my ops manual reviewed. Passed that part. Then got an email saying I needed to pay an extra #200 to sit flight exam in Scotland. WTF. never mentioned this before. They just said it was available to do in Scotland. It's a long trip to the nearest test area and an expensive one to boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz