Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.flyhighusa.com
Hey Guys and Gals,
I wanted to announce that FlyHighUSA has been selected as one of 19 authorized DJI dealers to carry the DJI XT thermal imaging system. We are very proud to have the newest and latest thermal technology currently available in the multi-rotor world. Aerial thermal imaging has become more popular and now with the DJI Zenmuse XT it is easier than ever. The all new Zenmuse XT was created in collaboration with FLIR and features the TAU 2 Series core. The gimbal was created to integrate the TAU 2 core for use with the DJI Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 drone and utilizes the DJI GO app for controlling all of its features. Take a look below and feel free to contact us with any questions regarding pricing and availability at (270) 473-1409

INTEGRATED THERMAL CAMERA

The DJI Zenmuse XT and FLIR camera provide high-sensitivity (50mK) infrared scanning at 640/30fps. This level of sensitivity allows for more accurate temperature measurements, and this makes it ideal for telemetry and analytics. Both cameras are available with four different lens options on order to fit any industries needs. The custom designed DJI gimbal allows for full 360 degree control via the DJI Inspire 1 Remote Control.

SPECIFICATIONS

7167-94bae342bd434e3d99df8ac41d05560f.jpg

FINGERTIP CONTROL

The Zenmuse XT can be controlled completely through the DJI GO app, providing a real-time, low latency view of what the camera sees, and instant access to core camera functions including:

• Spot metering, temperature measurement at the mid-point
  • Digital zoom
  • Single or interval shooting modes
  • Photo, video preview and download
  • Take photos while recording video
  • Various camera settings and parameters including:
    • - Palette, also referred to as Look-up Table (LUT)
    • - Scene, also referred to as Automatic Gain Correction (AGC)
    • - Region of Interest (ROI)
    • - Isotherm mode

GENERAL

Model Zenmuse XT
Dimensions 103 mm x 74 mm x 102 mm
Weight 270 g
CAMERA
Thermal Imager Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
FPA/Digital Video Display Formats
  • 640 × 512
  • 336 × 256
Analog Video Display Formats 720 × 480 (NTSC); 720 × 576 (PAL)
Pixel Pitch 17 μm
Spectral Band 7.5 - 13.5 μm
Full Frame Rates

• 640 × 512:30 Hz (NTSC) 25 Hz (PAL)

• 336 × 256:30 Hz (NTSC) 25 Hz (PAL)
Exportable Frame Rates 7.5 Hz NTSC; 8.3 Hz PAL
Sensitivity (NEdT) <50 mK at f/1.0
Scene Range (High Gain)
  • 640 × 512:-13° to 275°F (-25° to 135°C)
  • 336 × 256:-13° to 212°F (-25° to 100°C)
Scene Range (Low Gain) -40° to 1022°F (-40° to 550°C)
Spot Meter Temperatures measured in central 4×4
File Storage Micro SD Card
Photo Format JPEG, TIFF
Video Format MP4
ENVIRONMENTAL
Operating Temperature Range 14° to 104°F (-10° to 40 ℃)
Non-Operating Temperature Range -22° to 158°F (-30° to 70 ℃)
Temperature Shock 5 ℃/min
Humidity 5% to 95%
GIMBAL
Angular Vibration Range ±0.03°
Mount Detachable
Controllable Range Tilt:+35° to -90°; Pan:±320°; Roll:±15°
Mechanical Range Tilt:+45° to -135° Pan:±320° Roll:±45°
Max Controllable Speed 120°/s
IMAGE PROCESSING & DISPLAY CONTROLS
NTSC/PAL (field switchable) yes
Image Optimization yes
Digital Detail Enhancement yes
Polarity Control (black hot/white hot) yes
Color & Monochrome Palettes (LUTs) yes
Digital Zoom
640 × 512:

2x, 4x, 8x

336 × 256:
2x, 4x

LENS MODELS
Lens Models 6.8 mm 7.5 mm 9 mm 13 mm 19 mm
17μ 640×512 FoV
iFoV / f/1.4
90° x 69°
2.267 mr f/1.4
69° x 56°
1.889 mr f/1.25
45° x 37°
1.308 mr f/1.25
32° x 26°
0.895 mr
17μ 336×256 FoV
iFoV f/1.4
49.1° x 37.4°
2.519 mr / f/1.25
35° x 27°
1.889 mr f/1.25
25° x 19°
1.308 mr f/1.25
17° x 13°
0.895 mr
Min Focus Distance 2.3 cm 2.5 cm 3.2 cm 7.6 cm 15.3 cm
Hyperfocal Distance 1.2 m 1.2 m 2.1 m 4.4 m 9.5 m
Hyperfocal Depth of Field 0.6 m 0.6 m 1.1 m 2.2 m 4.8 m

Thanks a million for all of the support all of you are giving us. We can't express our gratitude enough and we want you to know we appreciate each and every one of our customers. Talk to you soon!!!

Attachments

• DJI XT sample.jpg
    DJI XT sample.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: damoncooper
Will definally get from you... if i have more job for inspections...

It's a hard sell at that price.
Those who need then will buy, but too exxy for the enthusiast.

It is not cheap that's for sure, that was never the intention. It is more designed for the prosumer and industrial market like search and rescue, firefighting, electrical inspections, NDVI and many other professional applications. When compared to other thermal camera systems in this market it really isn't out of line too much. It does sting a bit to hit that buy button but I am so glad I did. The 640/30 HZ version is what I have ordered and I am looking forward to making the money back that I spent to buy it. With the right jobs it can pay for itself very quickly and that's my intention with this unit. It's core is the Tau 2 by Flir and it alone is pricey. I think the selling point for me is the simplicity of operation because you can easily switch from thermal to optical and back again at a moment's notice. The ability to capture video and pictures at the same time is great. Also the ability to check temperatures at any given point is a great tool for many applications. It comes down to the fact of is this appropriate for me or not and will it help my business or end goals. For me that is a definate yes.!!! Happy flying to all of my friends on the forum.

I bought an FLIR case for my iphone...
Very good quality and works really well... Cost was £100 ($150)
The escalation in price just to fly is way too steep....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am able to use my bird to find a lost person or utilize it during a fire to help save a life or prevent someone from getting injured, the price is more than reasonable. This is not a toy and is intended for serious applications. In the world of camera technology this is not expensive at all. It's all relative! and like I said before, it has to be the right decision for each individual person. Be safe everyone!!!

Reactions: Mob 06
I bought an FLIR case for my iphone...
Very good quality and works really well... Cost was £100 ($150)
The escalation in price just to fly is way too steep....

Does your iphone fly? Does it have a video downlink? Does it have a stabilized gimbal? Same sensitivity and options? I know the XT is overpriced but comparing it with an iphone case s a little bit...

apple-orange.jpg

:)

Chris

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
Does your iphone fly? Does it have a video downlink? Does it have a stabilized gimbal? Same sensitivity and options? I know the XT is overpriced but comparing it with an iphone case s a little bit...

apple-orange.jpg

Chris

Before you troll - read the post. [emoji849]

apple-orange.jpg

Chris

The XT doesn't fly either.... Needs the Inspire drone which I am assuming is not included in the price...

The article above talks about the gimbal only not an all in one solution

No it is the Flir Tau 2
Guys, this camera is not a toy, it's an excellent tool for warking. If your caustumer have this possibility for agriculture , searching lost peoples, fire on building, suerving , tracking peoples and so, he will be glade and so you will!! There are only few peoples in the market that can propose this tool. The price is absulotely reasonable for this high performance tool and his benefits.
I will buy it only from magic Ralph once I have some money .

it worth for the money... USD 5k plus are reasonable i been in industrial inspections and survey for few years now .. this thing doesn't come cheap...

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
It is not cheap that's for sure, that was never the intention. It is more designed for the prosumer and industrial market like search and rescue, firefighting, electrical inspections, NDVI and many other professional applications. When compared to other thermal camera systems in this market it really isn't out of line too much. It does sting a bit to hit that buy button but I am so glad I did. The 640/30 HZ version is what I have ordered and I am looking forward to making the money back that I spent to buy it. With the right jobs it can pay for itself very quickly and that's my intention with this unit. It's core is the Tau 2 by Flir and it alone is pricey. I think the selling point for me is the simplicity of operation because you can easily switch from thermal to optical and back again at a moment's notice. The ability to capture video and pictures at the same time is great. Also the ability to check temperatures at any given point is a great tool for many applications. It comes down to the fact of is this appropriate for me or not and will it help my business or end goals. For me that is a definate yes.!!! Happy flying to all of my friends on the forum.

Question; A law enforcement agency is asking me: is there a point to purchasing an Inspire 1 Pro AND an XT? or is it more practical to purchase an Inspire 1, change gimbals, and get the XT? The XT takes optical pics and video just like the X3? Police agency is not interested in pretty videos.

Question; A law enforcement agency is asking me: is there a point to purchasing an Inspire 1 Pro AND an XT? or is it more practical to purchase an Inspire 1, change gimbals, and get the XT? The XT takes optical pics and video just like the X3? Police agency is not interested in pretty videos.
The DJI XT can be flown on any of the Inspire's or Matrice. It does take video and stills at the same time and allows for spot temp readings to be done. The most practical way is to purchase the Inspire 1v2 which has upgraded motors etc... and has the latest 1510 transmitter which is more powerful. The Inspire 1V2 comes with the x3 camera stock. This in my opinion would be the best economical choice unless they already have the Inspire 1 then all they would need is the XT camera. The XT is amazing tech and will definitely bring many solutions to current problems we face if I can answer any more questions just ask. I'm always around.

Reactions: damoncooper
The DJI XT can be flown on any of the Inspire's or Matrice. It does take video and stills at the same time and allows for spot temp readings to be done. The most practical way is to purchase the Inspire 1v2 which has upgraded motors etc... and has the latest 1510 transmitter which is more powerful. The Inspire 1V2 comes with the x3 camera stock. This in my opinion would be the best economical choice unless they already have the Inspire 1 then all they would need is the XT camera. The XT is amazing tech and will definitely bring many solutions to current problems we face if I can answer any more questions just ask. I'm always around.
Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham