Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI XT Powered by Flir is here!!!

In all seriousness, the price is competitive for what you get I think and especially for commercial use, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly.

It is not cheap that's for sure, that was never the intention. It is more designed for the prosumer and industrial market like search and rescue, firefighting, electrical inspections, NDVI and many other professional applications. When compared to other thermal camera systems in this market it really isn't out of line too much. It does sting a bit to hit that buy button but I am so glad I did. The 640/30 HZ version is what I have ordered and I am looking forward to making the money back that I spent to buy it. With the right jobs it can pay for itself very quickly and that's my intention with this unit. It's core is the Tau 2 by Flir and it alone is pricey. I think the selling point for me is the simplicity of operation because you can easily switch from thermal to optical and back again at a moment's notice. The ability to capture video and pictures at the same time is great. Also the ability to check temperatures at any given point is a great tool for many applications. It comes down to the fact of is this appropriate for me or not and will it help my business or end goals. For me that is a definate yes.!!! Happy flying to all of my friends on the forum.

Can it really change between IR and RGB? I doubt it!
I have a FLIR T-300 and you can do this because there's a small camera built in but this particular unit does not.

I think it's a fair price. I paid 9k for a demo FLIR T-300 4 years ago. Paid for itself in no time but you do need the jobs.

If this is a genuine tau2 then the price is fair but the vue pro also has the tau2 core and as the xt has no radiommetry why is it being called a tau2 ? I have asked for exact clarification from DJI for some time now without success as we would need the 640 res 30hz version and that is a lot of money if this is not a full tau2 camera and not just tau2 core

Reactions: CaptainBadge
If this is a genuine tau2 then the price is fair but the vue pro also has the tau2 core and as the xt has no radiommetry why is it being called a tau2 ? I have asked for exact clarification from DJI for some time now without success as we would need the 640 res 30hz version and that is a lot of money if this is not a full tau2 camera and not just tau2 core
We were ready to go until we found out it had no radiometry. A lot of money for a spot meter and useless for many applications that would actually pay for it.

We were ready to go until we found out it had no radiometry. A lot of money for a spot meter and useless for many applications that would actually pay for it.

Do you mean the isotherm feature that regular handheld FLIR cameras have?
That's what I'm curious about as well. If it doesn't have that feature I'll pass also.
I like that feature where by you can adjust the temp threshold and you're just looking for anything that's higher than the set temp.

Do you mean the isotherm feature that regular handheld FLIR cameras have?
That's what I'm curious about as well. If it doesn't have that feature I'll pass also.
I like that feature where by you can adjust the temp threshold and you're just looking for anything that's higher than the set temp.
'The Advanced Radiometric Tau2 camera allows customers to derive temperature information per pixel from objects in the scene (using the T-Linear 14-bit video output). Additionally external scene parameters can be compensated (such as emissivity, window transmission, etc.) to more accurately determine temperature. The Advanced Radiometric cameras also provide an image metric feature where the user can query the camera for scene temperature data via serial command (such as maximum, minimum, and standard deviation for user defined regions).' - Flir

Hey Guys and Gals,
I wanted to announce that FlyHighUSA has been selected as one of 19 authorized DJI dealers to carry the DJI XT thermal imaging system. We are very proud to have the newest and latest thermal technology currently available in the multi-rotor world. Aerial thermal imaging has become more popular and now with the DJI Zenmuse XT it is easier than ever. The all new Zenmuse XT was created in collaboration with FLIR and features the TAU 2 Series core. The gimbal was created to integrate the TAU 2 core for use with the DJI Inspire 1 and Matrice 100 drone and utilizes the DJI GO app for controlling all of its features. Take a look below and feel free to contact us with any questions regarding pricing and availability at (270) 473-1409

INTEGRATED THERMAL CAMERA

The DJI Zenmuse XT and FLIR camera provide high-sensitivity (50mK) infrared scanning at 640/30fps. This level of sensitivity allows for more accurate temperature measurements, and this makes it ideal for telemetry and analytics. Both cameras are available with four different lens options on order to fit any industries needs. The custom designed DJI gimbal allows for full 360 degree control via the DJI Inspire 1 Remote Control.

SPECIFICATIONS

7167-94bae342bd434e3d99df8ac41d05560f.jpg

FINGERTIP CONTROL

The Zenmuse XT can be controlled completely through the DJI GO app, providing a real-time, low latency view of what the camera sees, and instant access to core camera functions including:

• Spot metering, temperature measurement at the mid-point
    • Digital zoom
    • Single or interval shooting modes
    • Photo, video preview and download
    • Take photos while recording video
    • Various camera settings and parameters including:
      • - Palette, also referred to as Look-up Table (LUT)
      • - Scene, also referred to as Automatic Gain Correction (AGC)
      • - Region of Interest (ROI)
      • - Isotherm mode
GENERAL
Model Zenmuse XT
Dimensions 103 mm x 74 mm x 102 mm
Weight 270 g
CAMERA

Thermal Imager Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
FPA/Digital Video Display Formats

• 640 × 512
    • 336 × 256
Analog Video Display Formats 720 × 480 (NTSC); 720 × 576 (PAL)
Pixel Pitch 17 μm
Spectral Band 7.5 - 13.5 μm
Full Frame Rates

• 640 × 512:30 Hz (NTSC) 25 Hz (PAL)
    • 336 × 256:30 Hz (NTSC) 25 Hz (PAL)
Exportable Frame Rates 7.5 Hz NTSC; 8.3 Hz PAL
Sensitivity (NEdT) <50 mK at f/1.0
Scene Range (High Gain)

• 640 × 512:-13° to 275°F (-25° to 135°C)
    • 336 × 256:-13° to 212°F (-25° to 100°C)
Scene Range (Low Gain) -40° to 1022°F (-40° to 550°C)
Spot Meter Temperatures measured in central 4×4
File Storage Micro SD Card
Photo Format JPEG, TIFF
Video Format MP4
ENVIRONMENTAL

Operating Temperature Range 14° to 104°F (-10° to 40 ℃)
Non-Operating Temperature Range -22° to 158°F (-30° to 70 ℃)
Temperature Shock 5 ℃/min
Humidity 5% to 95%
GIMBAL

Angular Vibration Range ±0.03°
Mount Detachable
Controllable Range Tilt:+35° to -90°; Pan:±320°; Roll:±15°
Mechanical Range Tilt:+45° to -135° Pan:±320° Roll:±45°
Max Controllable Speed 120°/s
IMAGE PROCESSING & DISPLAY CONTROLS

NTSC/PAL (field switchable) yes
Image Optimization yes
Digital Detail Enhancement yes
Polarity Control (black hot/white hot) yes
Color & Monochrome Palettes (LUTs) yes
Digital Zoom
640 × 512:
2x, 4x, 8x

336 × 256:
2x, 4x

LENS MODELS

Lens Models 6.8 mm 7.5 mm 9 mm 13 mm 19 mm
17μ 640×512 FoV
iFoV / f/1.4
90° x 69°
2.267 mr f/1.4
69° x 56°
1.889 mr f/1.25
45° x 37°
1.308 mr f/1.25
32° x 26°
0.895 mr
17μ 336×256 FoV
iFoV f/1.4
49.1° x 37.4°
2.519 mr / f/1.25
35° x 27°
1.889 mr f/1.25
25° x 19°
1.308 mr f/1.25
17° x 13°
0.895 mr
Min Focus Distance 2.3 cm 2.5 cm 3.2 cm 7.6 cm 15.3 cm
Hyperfocal Distance 1.2 m 1.2 m 2.1 m 4.4 m 9.5 m
Hyperfocal Depth of Field 0.6 m 0.6 m 1.1 m 2.2 m 4.8 m

Thanks a million for all of the support all of you are giving us. We can't express our gratitude enough and we want you to know we appreciate each and every one of our customers. Talk to you soon!!!

Looking forward to a user review. Guys, if you purchased one please share your results and a review. Is it meeting your needs? Thanks.

sadly it appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software !!!!!......and what is the point of measuring something when you cant report it back to the client ??.........Yuneec need to come to the rescue here

sadly it appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software !!!!!......and what is the point of measuring something when you cant report it back to the client ??.........Yuneec need to come to the rescue here
"appears you cannot run the data from the camera in the FLIR Tools software"
Can you explain what you mean?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz