Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI X5 looks great compared to sony a7 R2 (:-

Reaction score
Here I have taken 2 movies the first with Sony A7 R2 with 35mm lens (Full Frame). 100mbs, Settings Sharper +3. DRO Lv5 (High dynamic range) color profile vivid.
sony camera is set to the maximum dynamic range (DRO Lv5) and color profile vivid

and the other with DJI X5 with15mm lens 60mbs. Settings sharper 0. color none.
x5 camera standing with default settings no sharpness and color are set to neutral or none

Both films are shot with ISO 100, Shutter 200, A7 with aperture .2.8 and X5 with aperture 2.5. it is it is filmed indoors through glass.

Dji lens is not calibrated

Men in the darkness there is no camera that beats sony on picture and video:)

Last edited:
What were the sharpening values and picture profiles on each camera? It's most interesting to me that the x5 appears to have a higher exposure at the same settings as the Sony.

What were the sharpening values and picture profiles on each camera? It's most interesting to me that the x5 appears to have a higher exposure at the same settings as the Sony.

Here I have taken 2 movies the first with Sony A7 R2 with 35mm lens (Full Frame). 100mbs, Settings Sharper +3. DRO Lv5 (High dynamic range) color profile vivid.
sony camera is set to the maximum dynamic range (DRO Lv5) and color profile vivid

x5 camera standing with default settings no sharpness and color are set to neutral or none

Both films are shot with ISO 100, Shutter 200, A7 with aperture .2.8 and X5 with aperture 2.5. it is it is filmed indoors through glass.

I am afraid this is no real test/comparison and not just because YouTube recompresses everything but simply because you are not stressing the codec of either camera shooting a static frame.

What are you mean! the codec of either camera shooting a static frame?
Your comparison is a shot of a static frame - no movement in the shot other than the smoke from the roof.
Both cameras use VBR encoding over CBR to save bandwidth and media space to keep files as small as possible.
A static shot like this one would look fine on any camera and at a low bitrate since there is no movement. Although the codec algorithm will have a minimum bitrate or average that it will not fall below I would be surprised if either camera topped out over 35-40mbps with this shot.
As this type of compression only really records the difference between i frames (intra frames) and discards everything else there is little information to push the codec to its limits and evaluate the comparison.

Try filming something that has a lot of movement (you can still keep the camera (inspire) static but have a lot of movement within the frame.

Reactions: Rainbowers
At 4K, the youtube compression is so bad that it useless to try to get an idea of the actual motion artifacts of the footage. Even so, it might be that the sharpening on the Sony footage is creating that sense of jumpiness. I think the sharpening is what causes quite a bit of the motion problems on the x3.

I know this isn't an A7 forum but if you have any more A7 2 footage that you could link me too that would be awesome!

[Quote = "AutoAir, post: 74 317, medlem: 20291"]! Jeg vet at dette ikke er en A7 forumet, men hvis du har noe mer A7 to opptak som du kan knytte meg for at det ville være kjempeflott [/ quote]

try this link

Last edited:
Reactions: AutoAir
You say the X5 lens is not calibrated? Is this correct? If so, how can this be a valid comparison?

Reactions: Kilrah
Your comparison is a shot of a static frame - no movement in the shot other than the smoke from the roof.
Both cameras use VBR encoding over CBR to save bandwidth and media space to keep files as small as possible.
A static shot like this one would look fine on any camera and at a low bitrate since there is no movement. Although the codec algorithm will have a minimum bitrate or average that it will not fall below I would be surprised if either camera topped out over 35-40mbps with this shot.
As this type of compression only really records the difference between i frames (intra frames) and discards everything else there is little information to push the codec to its limits and evaluate the comparison.

Try filming something that has a lot of movement (you can still keep the camera (inspire) static but have a lot of movement within the frame.
Attaboy, you tell em. Thats why you're the pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz