Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI repair costs

Reaction score
well, DJI strike again. An X5, back for assessment and repair due to a broken pan gimbal arm, has just been quoted at 2094 Euros. Equivalent to £1500, this is £100 dearer than a brand new unit minus lens. Is this a record ? I've asked for a full report explaining just how they have arrived at this.

Now having serious reservations about continuing down the DJI road.

well, DJI strike again. An X5, back for assessment and repair due to a broken pan gimbal arm, has just been quoted at 2094 Euros. Equivalent to £1500, this is £100 dearer than a brand new unit minus lens. Is this a record ? I've asked for a full report explaining just how they have arrived at this.

Now having serious reservations about continuing down the DJI road.

Moved to X5 section where it belongs.

The problem is DJI are ahead of all the rivals in this class so you don't have much choice but to put up with their BS.
It sucks and you have my sympathies, but the only advise I have for X5 users is, don't crash that thing.

get what you can for it on ebay, see if you can fix it yourself. Keep it, buy another new and keep an eye out for other crashes like yours, you might be able to make one good one out of two broken units, then sell it for good money.

I took a gamble and bought the X5 off ebay as spares or repair after the guy sent pics showing no obvious damage to the camera, roll or pitch assemblies. I contacted dji in Europe, explained the damage, sent pictures and after they forwarded the delivery address, I had it couriered to them.
Only when I questioned the price of the repair did I receive the following :-

Dear Keith,

So far, we only do swap for gimbal camera not repair in case of damage of gimbal and camera. of course we will return defective one back to you as well if you agree with such deal.

B.RGDS

Support.eu7

Dji Europe BV

Why did they ask that I sent it over then ?? Complete waste of time and effort when they were going to refuse to repair anyway !!

So, basically, dji would rather write off the complete unit rather than even attempt a repair that should cost maybe £200 -£300

It's easy to say don't crash, the guy who did is a professional pilot with a lot of hours. It's just wrong that they are in the position to expect people to chuck £1500 away.

They might think that they can get away with it for now, but lets see how they handle up and coming competition........

Anyone know the source company for the X5? I'm sure they wouldn't turn away money to sell aftermarket parts unles they have a do not compete clause, even then it's just a matter of time before someone reverse engineers and probably improved upon the ideas, that's why I like the replaceable gimbal concept.

update is that after someone in the US was quoted for major inspire repairs, including the X3 gimbal and camera, I went back to DJI who have now asked for the X5 to be returned to them for repair at cost......... let's see what the next couple of weeks bring

update is that after someone in the US was quoted for major inspire repairs, including the X3 gimbal and camera, I went back to DJI who have now asked for the X5 to be returned to them for repair at cost......... let's see what the next couple of weeks bring
Everything I have read confirms DJI does not repair gimbals only replaces them.

I took a gamble and bought the X5 off ebay as spares or repair after the guy sent pics showing no obvious damage to the camera, roll or pitch assemblies. I contacted dji in Europe, explained the damage, sent pictures and after they forwarded the delivery address, I had it couriered to them.
Only when I questioned the price of the repair did I receive the following :-

Dear Keith,

So far, we only do swap for gimbal camera not repair in case of damage of gimbal and camera. of course we will return defective one back to you as well if you agree with such deal.

B.RGDS

Support.eu7

Dji Europe BV

Why did they ask that I sent it over then ?? Complete waste of time and effort when they were going to refuse to repair anyway !!

So, basically, dji would rather write off the complete unit rather than even attempt a repair that should cost maybe £200 -£300

It's easy to say don't crash, the guy who did is a professional pilot with a lot of hours. It's just wrong that they are in the position to expect people to chuck £1500 away.

They might think that they can get away with it for now, but lets see how they handle up and coming competition........
If he is a professional surely there is no issue since he will carry insurance which is compulsory for commercial operators.

I am waiting, if they don't already have a replacement/maintenance plan that is purchased at the time you buy or within a timeframe for the DJI product. Maybe they have this already? I missed it if they did. :)

I looked at replacment insurance and the cost......wheeew...we, $2000 a year just for that, we pay now $1000 for liability alone, even like the editor says if your commercial you should have it. My point being I think this AP business isn't going to be as lucrative as people think, between hardware/software costs, insurance, permits, training, competition with the hobbyist, Guido's Union payback :) etc...etc....

Surprise Surprise !!
received an e mail from DJI asking me to return the X5 as they would now repair at cost ! Repair ended up at 360 euros, just a tad less than the original 2094 euros quoted.
Unit is now perfect, thanks DJI

Surprise Surprise !!
received an e mail from DJI asking me to return the X5 as they would now repair at cost ! Repair ended up at 360 euros, just a tad less than the original 2094 euros quoted.
Unit is now perfect, thanks DJI
Wow!

I just crashed my inspire with x5 into some low branches, about 4 foot off the grass. It flipped perfectly upside down, so the x5 wan't touched. Inspire is fine, still flies fine. but the top motor in the gimbal of my x5 has pulled loose just from the shake. Let's see what dji can do for me.

Reactions: Chrono72000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz