Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI announcement: Zenmuse X5 and X5R

The $2199 model is the base model that does not shoot RAW. I haven't seen pricing for the X5R model yet...

EDIT: I just saw posted that the Inspire 1 w/X5R will cost $7999. By my math, that would mean the X5R camera system is $5,699!

The X5 is a mini GH4 on the front of the Inspire one. A GH4 is $1400. An X5 WITH gimbal is $1700. Thats a pretty awesome deal! 4k raw with a 1.7gps data rate isn't cheap! The BMD Ursa has a data rate of 256mps and is $5000. It weighs as much as a cinderblock. The X5r has 444 color space! People that aren't in the business have no idea how good this camera is.

Reactions: David Harmer-Brown
Precisely why I won't buy one.

$5699 by my math.

These are assumptions based on the numbers I see out there:
Inspire 1 Pro ($4,499) - X5 w/lens ($2,199) = Cost of Inspire body w/controller ($2,300)
Inspire 1 Pro w/X5R ($7,999) - Inspire body w/controller ($2,300) = X5R w/lens ($5,699)

Well my point even more so

And don't get me wrong, my inspire has never given me any reason to distrust it. $5700 is a lot of money to haul under that thing.

Well my point even more so

And don't get me wrong, my inspire has never given me any reason to distrust it. $5700 is a lot of money to haul under that thing.

Eh. You're talking about a more expensive UAV with likely a more expensive camera. It may end up as an even more expensive yard sale. :)

Wonder what insuring that whole kit in the air is going to set me back. I'm in no position financially to send that much money into the air without some kind of backup plan for if it comes down badly.

Reactions: skylabimaging
This may be a dumb question by why is 1080p left out of both cameras? The specs look insane especially for you pros out there either way.

If it is left out, then that's a painful oversight. A friend that shot for KTM said they only wanted 1080 because their biggest end market was social media and Internet, so 4K was unnecessary. You'd think they'd have left 1080 as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about using the right tool for the job. I see the new X5R as a phenomenal tool but if your clients don't want to pay for the higher quality simply use the standard camera that we've all been using anyway. Your higher end clients who know the difference should be willing to pay the extra rental rate for the better quality camera.

Reactions: Derek_82ndABN
I don't see the value here..
it can't possibly be 10 times better than the x3 ..
How much better can it be when it's rated as 4k or whatever. .
I thought a FLIR camera was expensive. .lol..
I don't think many pilots will have the guts to risk a 8 k rig to a flyaway or crash...

Precisely why I won't buy one.

$5699 by my math.

These are assumptions based on the numbers I see out there:
Inspire 1 Pro ($4,499) - X5 w/lens ($2,199) = Cost of Inspire body w/controller ($2,300)
Inspire 1 Pro w/X5R ($7,999) - Inspire body w/controller ($2,300) = X5R w/lens ($5,699)

Last edited:
Reactions: UAV Man
I'm not dissing the specs but I had to ask the question. Also agree about using the right tool for the job. It just seemed odd that there isn't option for over-cranking at any of the stated (or missing) resolutions. Love the existing inspire for where I'm at.

Last edited:
I guess that's the advantage for those of us who already have the Inspire, we have the old camera to do the 1080 stuff if we need to. Just need space in my case for carrying two cameras, but I'm sure I'll find a way :)

Reactions: tbarnesarc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz