Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Brand New Aircraft from DJI (Matrix 100)

Jacob

Administrator
Reaction score
The Matrix 100 is set to release later today. An email was sent to dealers just a few hours ago. Here are some of the features of the Matrix 100:

Features:

Expansion Bays

Additional expansion bays allow you to add components, customize the payload, and fly with any devices you want. Put cameras, sensors, computing boards, communication tools, and more into the sky, and gather data while completing complex jobs from a birds‐eye view.

Universal Power and Communication Ports

Plug in and fly with almost any device, and transmit data via the Matrix 100’s dual CAN and UART ports. There are two of each port on your platform, enabling you to mount and build a system that matches your needs.

Dual Battery Compartments

Add an additional battery compartment to achieve up to 40 minutes* of flight time. This gives greater power to both your platform and any additional devices or accessories that you wish to fly with. *Flight times vary based on payload and flight conditions, and the maximum 40 minute flight time tested when hovering with dual TB48D batteries and no additional payload.

Customizable Mounting and Balancing

Achieve perfect balance and an ideal flight experience by sliding the battery and other compartments around the body of your Matrix 100. Put your components exactly where you want them, and get the most out of your system.

Adjustable Arm Angle for Greater Torque

Flexible to match your flight needs, adjusting the arm angle of each of the 4 arms is quick and easy. Achieve increased yaw torque and greater response by tilting the arms to a 3 degree angle.

50% Less Vibrations, Rigid, Strong System

To reduce vibrations, increase stiffness, and bring unmatched reliability, your Matrix 100 is made of strong, lightweight carbon fiber. Each of the arms contains DJI’s new soft vibration absorbing material that virtually eliminates feedback from the powerful motors, keeping your critical components stable and allowing unprecedented accuracy.

Responsive, Quick Release Landing Pads

Innovative landing pads or “feet” are installed at the base of each arm to protect your Matrix 100 when landing. These pads greatly reduce impact, protecting your system and eliminating the chance of your platform unintentionally lifting off of the ground. Also easy and quick to remove for replacement or upgrades.

Dedicated Remote Controller

Take control of your platform with the customizable, long‐range remote controller included with the Matrix 100. With an operating distance of up to 1.2 miles* (2km), a rechargeable battery, fully adjustable controls, and outputs to connect to your mobile device, this is the perfect tool to command your system in the air. *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Full Mobile App Support

Fly with the feature‐rich DJI Pilot app or create your own app with the DJI SDK. See a live view, control your devices, access a real‐time map, and more by simply plugging in your tablet or smartphone.

Enhanced GPS

Enhanced GPS with a foldable mount helps you to track your Matrix 100’s position in real time, while enabling faster satellite acquisition, more accurate position holding and flight planning.

Upgraded Flight Controller and Integrated Lightbridge

DJI’s new N1 flight controller keeps your Matrix 100 stable and responsive to your commands throughout every flight. Transmitting data to you and bringing a live HD view (when using DJI’s X5 Camera and gimbal), the included DJI Lightbridge increases your flight range to 1.2 miles* (2km). *Maximum range tested in open areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.

Purpose‐Built Propulsion System

An upgraded version of the respected DJI E800 electric propulsion system powers your Matrix 100 and keeps it in flight. Four powerful, brushless motors and four lightning fast Electronic Speed Controllers are integrated into the platform, giving you complete control during flight. With increased strength and payload capacity, you have the flexibility to create the system you need.

Compatible Parts for Further Functionality

The Matrix 100 is compatible with a wide range of DJI accessories including:  Guidance: DJI’s revolutionary sensor kit that helps your platform see its environment and recognize when obstacles or other objects are nearby.  X3 Camera and Gimbal: Shoot stabilized 4K video and capture 12 megapixel images from the sky with DJI’s integrated camera and 3‐axis gimbal system.  Extra Battery: Extend your flight time by flying with an additional DJI Intelligent Flight Battery.  Expansion Bays: Use more expansion bays to put all of your desired devices onto your Matrix 100 and create a truly unique, customized platform.

Please nobody start the "The Inspire is Dead" thread again :rolleyes:

Few interesting concepts in there:

Collision avoidance - In its infancy so I guess we will see people go full speed towards a wall to see if it works - then complain it doesn't. :p

True terrain following up to 20m could be very useful.

Lots of refined technology in there..... I shall watch with interest.

Last edited:
Hmm. For such an important product, no livestream ?
I just checked the official website and there is no info about it.
Well, thank you for letting us know, now I have to check the website every 5 minutes :)

Hmm. For such an important product, no livestream ?
I just checked the official website and there is no info about it.
Well, thank you for letting us know, now I have to check the website every 5 minutes :)
They sent an email to all dealers a few hours ago. Its aimed towards the high end, so I doubt we will see a live stream or teasers.

Collision avoidance - In its infancy so I guess we will see people go full speed towards a wall to see if it works - then complain it doesn't. :p

Lots of refined technology in there..... I shall watch with interest.

Lmao[emoji16]! Please include videos..

THIS is what we need. I am excited for this. This does not seem to be aimed at everyone who wants to play with a quad. It looks like it will involve some work and technical know how to actually put it together before even getting it in the air. Very happy DJI got back to this type of platform again. After the phantom and their success with putting a quad in every Joe Schmoe's hands I thought they got the bug and were just going for mass sales. This brings some hope back for me. 40 minutes in the air with my own cameras and sensors? count me in as interested...

Reactions: PB30X
Is that source "verified"? Anybody can send or say they've received something. I know a couple of dealers and nobody seems to have received anything. Or they have but are not allowed to release the info yet or even say they got any, in which case that post probably shouldn't be there/will get someone in trouble...

I do not get too excited too quickly when I see this stuff and no one knows anything about it. THAT BEING SAID, the source WE are getting it from is what made me so quick to believe.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hmm if that photo and price are really what it is it's very... uninteresting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robot1
What is the DJI X5 camera and gimbal? Noted here under the 'Upgraded flight controller' heading:

DJI’s new N1 flight controller keeps your Matrix 100 stable and responsive to your commands throughout every flight. Transmitting data to you and bringing a live HD view (when using DJI’s X5 Camera and gimbal)
Haven't heard of it, is that a new thing as well? AFAIK the camera on the Inspire is the X3. Nothing came up on google search...

My issue is its still a quad this could be better served as an x8 with redundancy.

I slightly disagree with you @Mazz, I see this as more of another step forward for Joe Schmoe to dip into a more complex platform with once again guesswork removed, with connections setup and ready for all the dji accessories (which we should all know won't be released with this aircraft and will have to wait:p) and its 40min flight time (hover time indoor is probably how they tested it) they say is with no payload. Curious about more specs though.

The one thing I did notice is they said you could mount what's called the x5 camera gimbal system, not sure if that was an error and they meant x3 but it could be the next camera for the inspire, so possibly good news for inspire owners here tooo_O

It looks like a simple version of the I1 but without the retractable landing gear. It also looks like an easy fix after a crash as compared to the I1. DJI is dropping new birds every 4-5 months it would seem. This should be interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz