Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Amazing Still Images!!!

Very nice. Tough life! I am also really pleased with the quality of this camera system.

Love it, jealous of the latitude, great pic, gorgeous!
(I think you turned ur saturation dial a half a turn too far though - lol)

I am looking to buy the x5. Did you shoot this in jpg or dng. What did you do in post (also what program)

Nice shot!
I shoot everything RAW (DNG)...then I convert using Adobe Camera Raw.....ACR could be access via Photoshop, Bridge, or Lightroom.....depending on your personal taste and finances. I personally like to access it from Bridge......

After I get the DNG file into ACR, I then tweak almost everything...form the color, contrast, exposure, etc.....everything.....until I like it.

Hope that helps???

Kirk

I love it, but the sand looks orange, Did you use saturation in Photoshop?

In on the North West side of Maui....there is more Iron in the soil here and the sand does appear to be more orange than normal....esp. if you compare it to the states, or the South Side of Maui....or one of the other islands....

I did use Saturation.....but not as much as you would think.

Kirk

Here is a Family Portrait I did of my family while I'm here on the Island.....

When you pull out the Inspire 1,,,,,people pull off the road to watch....it really is a fun aircraft!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Kirk

Fam-Web.jpg

Reactions: gruvpix
Hi Kirk,

Nice shot of the fan!

I looked at you X3 versus X5 tests. To me it seems you should have flown slightly higher with the X5 so both cameras were covering the same scene area. This would have compensatated for the fact that they have different FOV.

Hi Kirk,

Nice shot of the fan!

I looked at you X3 versus X5 tests. To me it seems you should have flown slightly higher with the X5 so both cameras were covering the same scene area. This would have compensatated for the fact that they have different FOV.

I understand what you are saying...but take a look at the quality of the image that is flown higher than the X3....the quality of the X5 to me is far better.

Kirk

I understand what you are saying...but take a look at the quality of the image that is flown higher than the X3....the quality of the X5 to me is far better.

Kirk
Ya, don't dispute the quality. Your hotel shot full rez definitely looks better than the X3. More MP too. I do mostly stills so the X5 might be a good upgrade. It's probably a lot better at hight ISO as well being a larger sensor.

Ya, don't dispute the quality. Your hotel shot full rez definitely looks better than the X3. More MP too. I do mostly stills so the X5 might be a good upgrade. It's probably a lot better at hight ISO as well being a larger sensor.

Yes it is....but most people do not fully grasp or understand a HIGHER DYNAMIC RANGE.....I remember when Pro Canon Cameras went to a High Dynamic Range several years ago....it was as if the newer camera produced "GRAYER" images.....but that was not GRAY, that was a Higher Dynamic Range. It took me several months to fully understand it.....but once I got it.....I could clearly see the difference....ESP. when Printing!!!!

Kirk

Yes it is....but most people do not fully grasp or understand a HIGHER DYNAMIC RANGE.....I remember when Pro Canon Cameras went to a High Dynamic Range several years ago....it was as if the newer camera produced "GRAYER" images.....but that was not GRAY, that was a Higher Dynamic Range. It took me several months to fully understand it.....but once I got it.....I could clearly see the difference....ESP. when Printing!!!!

Kirk
The more dynamic range that exists in an image, the flatter that image will appear. In a large percentage of my photos, the world out there has just too much brightness range to capture on my sensor, be it Canon 5D, Sony A7r or X3. Still shooters have an easier time because we can auto bracked and make an HDR image in post. But it's harder to pull off with video. I'm newer at video but often take the same footage, make a copy... one copy I darken the sky, the other I lighten the "not" sky, then make a mask to get the best of both worlds. HDR is also a way of bringing local contrast to that flat/grey image so it "appears" snappy, but still has all the range of the original scene. (no blown out clouds, no burried shadowns under the trees)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz