Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Adjusting Yaw/Tilt panning curves and speed on X5 Gimbal?

Reaction score
Just got my new Inspire 1 Pro X5 and had an issue with very jerky start and stops on my yaw/tilt gimbal control with single operator mode. Is there a way to control the curves of the yaw/tilt for the gimbal the same way you can for the drone itself?

How do you smooth out the beginning of the pan and slow down the stop of the pan so it doesn't just jerk to a stop if you are doing a slow pan up reveal??

Thanks!

Just got my new Inspire 1 Pro X5 and had an issue with very jerky start and stops on my yaw/tilt gimbal control with single operator mode. Is there a way to control the curves of the yaw/tilt for the gimbal the same way you can for the drone itself?

How do you smooth out the beginning of the pan and slow down the stop of the pan so it doesn't just jerk to a stop if you are doing a slow pan up reveal??

Thanks!
Currently there is no ease in/ease out (bezier style) for the movements although it has been requested.
For now, turn your gimbal speed down in the RC settings (I have mine around 60%) and practice feathering the start and stop of the move. It's quite easy to do with a little practice.

Thank you! I had read in another thread that 30% was a good speed for the gimbal wheel speed..I will try both and test them out and post results.

When you say feather the start and stop of the move are you feathering with your index finger on the little wheel on the top left corner of the RC?

It has such a short range of motion it seems like there would not be too much room for feathering..?

Thanks again for your prompt response!

there are sliders in the gimbal menu>advanced. i have played with them to get the gimbal to slowly stop even if you let go of the wheel with mixed results.

If you sort of press hard into the wheel like it is a button and anchor your finger against the remote you will have an easier time getting smooth movement with the tilt.

Reactions: Forrest Dein
30% seems pretty good. Also & it's responsive to how fast you turn the dial, so a gentle start. Would love to know to smooth out the yaw though.

On another note are you having any video feed drop outs? The other day I was in the middle of nowhere with no inference but the video kept dropping for a few seconds. Quite scary.

Awesome thanks for the tip! Haven't had any video feed drop outs yet..only had two flights so far will keep you posted on any future video feed issues!

Option 1 - downgrade the app firmware
Option 2 - use on screen tapping of menu options

Apologies, you are right. It appears that the options are dynamic, depending on the function of the controller. I had updated to V3.0 on my SLAVE, just in case there were problems. The Gimbal option does not appear on the SLAVE in the choices for C1/2. However, V3.0 of the app on the MASTER works as advertised - the gimbal tilt/pan toggle is there. Have to get used to the new layout though.

Hi guys. Just bought a used Inspire pro x5 and can't find a way of panning the camera in flight. It tilts up n down though.
Is there a setting on the controller I'm missing perhaps?
Any advice would be welcomed.

Hi guys. Just bought a used Inspire pro x5 and can't find a way of panning the camera in flight. It tilts up n down though.
I think by default the C1 button under the controller is toggling pan/tilt functionality, and the C2 button resets the pan to FPV.
If the C1 and C2 buttons are not working that way, there are options in the DJI Go application to change their behaviour.

Reactions: Nigpd
You can also press and hold the app screen, a blue circle will appear around your finger which you can move in any direction you want, just move it slightly and stop in the direction you want the camera to move for smooth movement, it takes a little getting used to it but you can make diagonal moves which you can't with the controller. the speed or distance you move your finger will determine the smoothness of the pan/tilt.

I think by default the C1 button under the controller is toggling pan/tilt functionality, and the C2 button resets the pan to FPV.
If the C1 and C2 buttons are not working that way, there are options in the DJI Go application to change their behaviour.
Thank you guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham