Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse x5 movement screeches

Reaction score
Ok, have had the inspire pro a few days now, still getting use to it and playing with settings and what not. Been a die hard rc hobbyist for 10+ years now. Ive treated this inspire and the hardware like a baby. Today i powered it up to go through some settings and noticed when the gimbal calibrated on start up that the yaw movement made a screeching sound. Almost as if theres a dry bushing sounding out. The movement is flawless, seems very smooth. So to see if it would continue i controlled it to the end of its travel and then pressed the return to fpv position. It did it again, but not quite as audible. I went the other direction and it sounded normal, went the other direction again and it was normal. I cant recreate the noise now, but i have a feeling it wont be the end of it. The screeching was in a short burst that lasted for about 30 degrees of travel, being less the 2nd time i heard it. Very unsettling, someone please tell me this is normal lol, i really dont want to have to send anything off and discontinue my progress torwards commercial operations. Im relying on this heavily.

Ok, have had the inspire pro a few days now, still getting use to it and playing with settings and what not. Been a die hard rc hobbyist for 10+ years now. Ive treated this inspire and the hardware like a baby. Today i powered it up to go through some settings and noticed when the gimbal calibrated on start up that the yaw movement made a screeching sound. Almost as if theres a dry bushing sounding out. The movement is flawless, seems very smooth. So to see if it would continue i controlled it to the end of its travel and then pressed the return to fpv position. It did it again, but not quite as audible. I went the other direction and it sounded normal, went the other direction again and it was normal. I cant recreate the noise now, but i have a feeling it wont be the end of it. The screeching was in a short burst that lasted for about 30 degrees of travel, being less the 2nd time i heard it. Very unsettling, someone please tell me this is normal lol, i really dont want to have to send anything off and discontinue my progress torwards commercial operations. Im relying on this heavily.
Sorry to say not normal!
DJI had some quality control issues with the H3-2D gimbals and also their H3-3D which resulted in a 30% failure rate.
Let's hope its not a repeat of those days!

Mine made a very short screeching noise when I first fitted it. It only did it once and it was very short but it is a concern.

Sorry to say not normal!
DJI had some quality control issues with the H3-2D gimbals and also their H3-3D which resulted in a 30% failure rate.
Let's hope its not a repeat of those days!
Yep, I had this on two gimbals for our Phantom 1 and 2.... What a painful noise

Reactions: The Editor
I'm having a loud noise comming from the gimbal on the x5 as well. It's like its rubbing and then vibrates really loud. Took it out of the box last night and immediately found that issue

I do think thats what i heard! Just not as bad since it never had the chance to hold on that spot. Ill try it next time, if mine continues the sound.

I have the same problem.. Just unbox it, fresh out of the box and same noise when I do a tilt. I'm not so lucky as protorox.. My supplier shashinki is not taking responsibility.. sucks...

I did read somewhere where a user chatted with dji that mentioned a break in period. If it still moves smoothly than use it up, maybe itll get better. My tilt has been perfect, but the yaw screeches, but its smooth and becoming more and more intermittent as i use it. I hope yours gets better

I did read somewhere where a user chatted with dji that mentioned a break in period. If it still moves smoothly than use it up, maybe itll get better. My tilt has been perfect, but the yaw screeches, but its smooth and becoming more and more intermittent as i use it. I hope yours gets better

I just bought an Inspire Pro. My gimbal made this noise out of the box. After updating the firmware it's gone away entirely and works beautifully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz