Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Zenmuse X5 gimbal lock??

Reaction score
I read in an article and saw in one video somewhere that there is supposed to be a plastic gimbal lock for the new Zenmuse X5. The article said it was included with the Inspire 1 Pro model. I purchased the upgrade camera for my original Inspire 1 and can't find anything on the DJI website or the internet about this part. Does anyone know where I can get on?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: johnmont250
I've never used it or even taken it out of the plastic. I can't put the inspire away without taking the camera off so idk what I would use it for

I keep my Inspire built in a special rack I built in the back of my CRV...it holds my RC and batteries and keeps everything nice and snug...but the camera just hangs free and I would love to have this gimbal lock...similar to what DJI had with their Phantom Vision Plus. I guess I don't understand why they can't include a lock with the X5 upgrade...it can't cost that much. I've called all kinds of dealers and no help. DJI is clueless responding to this. It seems like a small thing, but I really like to use something like this...even when I'm carrying the unit out in the field. Would be great to get my hands on one. DJI makes the things...why not offer them to us who spent $2,300 on this camera system?

I keep my Inspire built in a special rack I built in the back of my CRV...it holds my RC and batteries and keeps everything nice and snug...but the camera just hangs free and I would love to have this gimbal lock...similar to what DJI had with their Phantom Vision Plus. I guess I don't understand why they can't include a lock with the X5 upgrade...it can't cost that much. I've called all kinds of dealers and no help. DJI is clueless responding to this. It seems like a small thing, but I really like to use something like this...even when I'm carrying the unit out in the field. Would be great to get my hands on one. DJI makes the things...why not offer them to us who spent $2,300 on this camera system?
if someone has a 3d printer I'd be happy to donate mine to get some made.

I have the X5 lock, and even though I use a landing mode case, I never put the lock on for as couple reasons:
  1. My case has a block of soft foam that the gimbal and camera rest on
  2. The plastic gimbal lock only prevents roll movement, not yaw movement. It also doesn't remove any of the stress above the gimbal as my car bounces down the road
  3. The gimbal lock doesn't like to stay on -- it's just meant to be a somewhat snug fit, but I find it comes off too easy

Here are the pictures of it. I like it!

Attachments

• P1170005.JPG
    P1170005.JPG
    802.9 KB · Views: 99
  • P1170003.JPG
    P1170003.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 86
  • P1170013.JPG
    P1170013.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 80
I read in an article and saw in one video somewhere that there is supposed to be a plastic gimbal lock for the new Zenmuse X5. The article said it was included with the Inspire 1 Pro model. I purchased the upgrade camera for my original Inspire 1 and can't find anything on the DJI website or the internet about this part. Does anyone know where I can get on?

Thanks for your help!
Yes I have the original DJI x5 gimbal locks for sale ,

I keep my rig built in a secure "tray" I build for the back of my Honda CRV. I think this is great you are providing the lock. What I absolutely do not understand is why DJI provides these locks for the PRO 1 purchasers and not us folks who just shelled out $2,300 for the new camera/gimbgal unit. WTF? How friggin' petty and cheap can yiou be?
I understand your frustration and I will forward this to my acct manager at DJI and see if there is a possible solution. I have just been trying to provide them as much as possible to all my flying friends out there in the world. Will let you know what I find out.

Reactions: AeroGraphy
I'm sure the reason he's asking is that forums such as this have to be wary of companies participating here solely to promote their own products. There's already a way to do this -- it's called advertising.

Generally, when someone creates an account and immediately recommends a product -- especially with really nice photos -- it points to advertising, possibly cloaked as a user.

As someone who is an administrator on another (non-UAV) forum, it generally looks like SPAM. I'm new here myself, but it's what occurred to me right away. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Be nice to The Editor -- he's just trying to keep this a cool place.

I'm sure the reason he's asking is that forums such as this have to be wary of companies participating here solely to promote their own products. There's already a way to do this -- it's called advertising.

Generally, when someone creates an account and immediately recommends a product -- especially with really nice photos -- it points to advertising, possibly cloaked as a user.

As someone who is an administrator on another (non-UAV) forum, it generally looks like SPAM. I'm new here myself, but it's what occurred to me right away. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Couldn't agree with you more

Spot on - hence my question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz