Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

x5 upgrade questions

Reaction score
Website
www.legendaryfpv.com
i am thinking in the getting the x5 + the mounting plate to upgrade my I1 non pro to use the X5 Camera.

has anyone done this or did people went straight to the PRO?

can anyone that has done this share any cons about doing the upgrade?

i am thinking in the getting the x5 + the mounting plate to upgrade my I1 non pro to use the X5 Camera.

I am an original Inspire 1 version "D" owner and upgraded to the X5. A few weeks of use so far and no issues. Flight times around 15 minutes with TB48.

Wait until the x5R is out.
For the money you will spend on the X5 for just marginal quality improvements over the x3 is not worth it.
The R version enables full RAW quality and much better sampling rates than the x5 and x3 which use the exact same 60 mb/sec recording for 4K.

For the money you will spend on the X5 for just marginal quality improvements over the x3 is not worth it.
The R version enables full RAW quality and much better sampling rates than the x5 and x3 which use the exact same 60 mb/sec recording for 4K.
The x5r will require a lot more effort than just the camera I hardly doubt I have the storage for raw 4K and even less the power to edit and grade it

Yes, again, the X5R should produce better video than the X3 and X5.

But the X5 produces better video than the X3, even though they share the same 60 megabits/second H.264 output format. The X5 is a larger sensor, and thus collects more light than the X3's tiny sensor. And the X5 lenses are vastly superior to the X3's lens.

So while it is perfectly legitimate to say, "The X5R will be much better than the X5", it is not legitimate to say, "The X5 isn't any better than the X3". It is.

Yeah I debated the choice between X5 and X5R but opted to go with the X5. The X5R will further reduce airtime as it will make the AC heavier and the electrical draw will be higher as well. In addition, the storage and processing demands will be MUCH higher.

If I get serious, more serious than I now expect, I might add another I1 and if so I'd likely opt for the higher end camera. But, that's not likely to happen for at least a year and by then we will likely see another generation of hardware.

I have a bunch of 2TB portable HD's for the video and still pictures I now have and I'm already looking at needing to getting several more HD's just for the video generated by the I1.

Brian

Right now the 4TB drives are the sweet spot; you can usually find them for about $110. I have moved on to 6TB drives, which usually be had for about $180 on sale.

I recently bought an Inspire 1 D and an X5 camera and upgraded mount. I managed to get a good deal on refurbished products, so buying everything separately was quite a bit cheaper than just buying a pro. Also, I now have an extra X3 camera as a backup or practice cam. It has worked out fine for me.

Right now the 4TB drives are the sweet spot; you can usually find them for about $110. I have moved on to 6TB drives, which usually be had for about $180 on sale.

I don't take 3.5 inch drives with me in the field so I have about 7-8 2TB drives of 9mm / 2.5 inch. They do make 4TB drives of 2.5 inch but they're more like 20.5mm thick. However, I will probably pick up a couple of them as the data needs for this hobby look to be pretty high.

Brian

They do make 4TB drives of 2.5 inch but they're more like 20.5mm thick.
Interesting, it means they put 2 2TB drives in then, which will likely be in RAID0 and mean you also get twice the speed. Would already be interesting just for that reason.

But the X5 produces better video than the X3, even though they share the same 60 megabits/second H.264 output format. The X5 is a larger sensor, and thus collects more light than the X3's tiny sensor. And the X5 lenses are vastly superior to the X3's lens.

So while it is perfectly legitimate to say, "The X5R will be much better than the X5", it is not legitimate to say, "The X5 isn't any better than the X3". It is.
Totally agree with you!!!

I have done it multiple times each way. Really there is not much difference although you do get a few upgrades with the pro package. The motors for example. I for one get much better video and stills out of my pro, I use the Olympus 12mm lens, 14/42 for zoo with follow focus which works great, and finally the 45mm which is amazing. All in all no matter which way you go you will have better results with the x5 although it does take a little more effort to use properly. Happy flying. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask.
Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Also depends what you do with it. We almost exclusively shoot stills, the X5R wouldn't be better for us.
For stills, the X5 is vastly superior to the X3. Dynamic range and quality of lenses are enough to make the jump.
I also think if it is to go only X3 and without a specific need for 2x pilot control, the P3P is a better choice...I have one too and cameras are the same plus the P3P has excellent flight time and a fantastic form factor to carry everywhere including airplanes as carry-on.

[Quote = "Luis Morales, post: 79 690, medlem: 19456"] Den x5r vil kreve mye mer arbeid enn bare kameraet jeg tviler neppe jeg har lagringsplass for rå 4K og enda mindre makt til å redigere og klasse

Hello InterMurph !!! Think you are disappointed about X5 produces better video than X5 Maybe just a little bit and maybe just a little more bitrate. I shogun recorder and Sony a7. not think videos are so much better intermurph. X5 holds galore intermurph.
Do you think that X 5 R is better in the dark than X5? Same sensor ??????????
Do not be fooled

That is a misunderstanding of what I said.

I said that the X5 sensor is bigger than the X3 sensor. But it looks like airdrone thinks I said that the X5R sensor is bigger than the X5 sensor.

And some other stuff that I can't interpret. Maybe he can clarify.

Interesting, it means they put 2 2TB drives in then, which will likely be in RAID0 and mean you also get twice the speed. Would already be interesting just for that reason.
No, just more platters. No RAID going on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OK, interesting. But it seems that also gives the speed advantage, at least as specced by the Seagate model :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz