Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 only 60mbps is this a big issue?

I think everyone who comments on this thread going forward needs to provide proof they have a 69" Ultra-HD 4K TV monitor or larger before being permitted posting rights :)

I think everyone who comments on this thread going forward needs to provide proof they have a 69" Ultra-HD 4K TV monitor or larger before being permitted posting rights :)

I think you're missing the point. Most people aren't exporting to 4k and if they are they would be using a higher end camera not the X5. They use 4k and edit it on a 1080p timeline to get maximum quality out of the file or are editing on a 4k timeline and exporting to 1080p. Some of the pros correct me if I'm wrong though.

seems like tons of people watch(tv)on things other tvs now days. people watch youtube on phones, and movies on ipads and laptops. its all mixed up. i had 4 channels growing up. pbs didnt really count.

I think you're missing the point. Most people aren't exporting to 4k and if they are they would be using a higher end camera not the X5. They use 4k and edit it on a 1080p timeline to get maximum quality out of the file or are editing on a 4k timeline and exporting to 1080p. Some of the pros correct me if I'm wrong though.

That's generally correct though another use for 4K imaging is to allow you to crop in on an image for a different framing... in which case you'd be using a portion of the 4K image.

You've proven my point actually. ;)

4K aficionados want to display in large formats that are brutally unforgiving of compression, mediocre quality or artifacts.

haha! Got ya. I was thinking to myself this guy can't be serious. I'm no expert but know enough to get myself in trouble apparently...:eek: It'll be interesting to get a hold of some SOOC examples when someone decides to release them. I too am curious about how the bitrate from the X5 will perform.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
Wow! 3x optical zoom too in that. Yuneec are really putting out some good stuff now.
I see they just OEMed the Snapdragon boards for flight control.

The next year is going to be very interesting for products in our industry I think.

No need for it to be that big if you're close enough :)

4k.jpg

I was so prepared to be excited for this camera. I was ready to buy an Inspire for it. But then I saw the bitrate. A quality 4K requires at least 100Mbps. And for a $2,000 camera, it should be 200Mpbs.

Why did they settle on 60Mbps? It's as if they married a new front-end to the existing Ambarella back-end. I sooooo wanted this to fit the bill.

I've provided this exact feedback to Eric Cheng @ DJI and he acknowledged it and was thankful for the feedback.

He did suggest we should probably reserve judgement until we see the actual results of the production X5 units, as we've been here before with the X3 "shaky gimbal" issue prior to I1 launch etc.

I think that's fair to ask.

Hopefully the feedback will be heard and possibly result in a FW update to bitrate. I think the X5 / R can be real game changers.

Any idea when we can actually evalute raw clips? I just got the OK from my boss to upgrade my Inspire, but I don't want to even think about purchasing until I can evaluate a few short clips provided by DJI directly.

Sorry if I seem impatient...I really want this camera system to work...to be better than the X3. I guess I don't understand how we can see demo footage being put out there...footage that has been shot to promote and sell the cameras. DJI is taking people's money right now to purchase...but we can't get our hands on a few field footage samples? It seems very strange to me.

Reactions: Rainbowers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz