Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 First Flight - Can't Read the Files

Reaction score
After two months of staring at rain outside I finally got out with the X5. I calibrated the lens and did a couple of test flights over the local golf club that allows me to fly when I like.

I got home looking forward to playing around with the pictures but all I have on the card is a number of DJI THM files. I believe these are thumbnail still images to indicate what the video shows. There was no DCIM folder and no MOV files.

I have just powered up the Inspire on the bench and set the camera to record. All the settings were the same as when I was flying. That did give me an MOV file and 40 secs of video of my garden through a dirty window.

All the firmware (aircraft, camera, batteries) was updated two days ago. I am flying the original Inspire with the X5 as an add on. This is not the Inspire Pro.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers,

Simon

After two months of staring at rain outside I finally got out with the X5. I calibrated the lens and did a couple of test flights over the local golf club that allows me to fly when I like.

I got home looking forward to playing around with the pictures but all I have on the card is a number of DJI THM files. I believe these are thumbnail still images to indicate what the video shows. There was no DCIM folder and no MOV files.

I have just powered up the Inspire on the bench and set the camera to record. All the settings were the same as when I was flying. That did give me an MOV file and 40 secs of video of my garden through a dirty window.

All the firmware (aircraft, camera, batteries) was updated two days ago. I am flying the original Inspire with the X5 as an add on. This is not the Inspire Pro.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers,

Simon
Not come across this on the X5 but there have been issues of poorly securing MicroSD card slots on the X3 (maybe they are still using the same poor quality slots).
If there was no DCIM folder, this would imply a formatting error or no connection to the card. The first thing the Inspire will do is write the file hierarchy to the media.
Did you format in camera before you set off or in a PC/Mac?
Part of my embarkation checklist is to fire a still image and record 5 seconds of video and review before departing for the day to location.

The card was the one that came with the Inspire. I didn't reformat after downloading the latest firmware onto it the other night. The SD card does feel a bit loose in the slot. Now I'm worried. I'll give it another go this weekend. Thanks for your reply.

The card was the one that came with the Inspire. I didn't reformat after downloading the latest firmware onto it the other night. The SD card does feel a bit loose in the slot. Now I'm worried. I'll give it another go this weekend. Thanks for your reply.
Also make sure the contacts on the card are clean.
I use a high quality cleaner on both my media contacts and the gimbal pins/plate.
My favourite is DeOxit - not cheap but very good.
Caig Labs DeOxit D5 Contact Cleaner Spray 142g

Yeah I was worried about my X5 too. This one time it took me almost 5 minutes trying to put the card in. It always get caught in between the slot and the camera body

What I've learned, you need to put it in an angle, slowly and carefully.

Is there any way to transfer files out without removing the micro sd card?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens