Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5 - Best Demo yet

Nice! Some softness in parts there but overall I think it looks pretty sweet.
Is my X5 here yet!?!?!

I agree that this video is outstanding. I asked on Facebook about settings, filters, etc., but haven't heard back yet.

Best X5 video for sure. It is shot well and the location is nice, but for $2300 it still looks "videoish".

The whites and the blacks clip fairly harsh. Also the limited compression makes the grass look blocky.

Looks more promising now we are starting to see some decent footage.
Although I am still concerned about how to achieve accurate focusing with the X5 as I cant find much information on this aspect.

Looks more promising now we are starting to see some decent footage.
Although I am still concerned about how to achieve accurate focusing with the X5 as I cant find much information on this aspect.

Think "hyperfocal" distance, set accordingly.

Excuse my ignorance, what does "hyoperfocal" distance mean?
Roughly it means you stop down the aperture a reasonable amount, focus about a third into frame and everything back from that should be in focus.
Thanks for the heads up Quadpilot you are right of coarse, I was alluding to the actual mechanics of the focus system employed on the camera/dji go app itself

Last edited:
Thanks...looks like there definitely will be some experimentation...I'm still not sure if the B&W filters I purchased will work or not.

Roughly it means you stop down the aperture a reasonable amount, focus about a third into frame and everything back from that should be in focus.
Thanks for the heads up Quadpilot you are right of coarse, I was alluding to the actual mechanics of the focus system employed on the camera/dji go app itself

The app has AF/MF. In AF the green square allows one to select the focus area. If one selects MF there is a sliding scale that shows the focal distance and can be slewed by touch to select the focus distance. I found that by setting f/5.6-F/8 aperture that if selecting around 9 ft for the focus distance that it keeps everything in focus from infinity down to around 5 ft. That is as close as I wish to be to any object, so that pretty well takes care of having everything in the frame in focus. When first mounting a lens to the camera, it has you calibrate focus at infinity by focusing on a high contrast object at least 50 m away.

And here is another of Martin's X5 videos. This time with the M.Zuiko 12mm lens.

A couple of things I notice with these X5 videos are the lack of distortion on the edge of frame, increased detail and the natural colour rendition.

DJI Inspire Pro X5 test - M.ZUIKO 12mm lens - YouTube

And here is another of Martin's X5 videos. This time with the M.Zuiko 12mm lens.

A couple of things I notice with these X5 videos are the lack of distortion on the edge of frame, increased detail and the natural colour rendition.

DJI Inspire Pro X5 test - M.ZUIKO 12mm lens - YouTube

Excellent shooting. Would be nice if we could get in-camera settings (was it post-processed, or shot with one of the styles selectable in the app?).

Great operating and a great subject, but impossible to judge quality after YouTube processes it. My X3 is better than that in 1080 - BEFORE it is uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. Could Martin let us know what he thinks of the comparison between his original material and what we see online. It would be nice to be able to download a few seconds of original footage that has not been transcoded by YouTube or Vimeo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens