Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

X5..12mm & 15mm FOV Comparison..

Reaction score
X5..12mm & 15mm.. FOV.. Comparison...
The DJI 15mm lens has a zoomed in effect ... Olympus 12mm has a more normal distance... a good variety of choice for different photos... be careful flying close FPV with the 15mm as it is much harder to judge distance ...

Last edited:
The 12mm seemed to be in focus a lot better. Is this just because of not calibrating it or does it generally focus better?

The 12mm seemed to be in focus a lot better. Is this just because of not calibrating it or does it generally focus better?
Yep your right about the focus protorox... i had the same settings on both lenses... personally... i think the 12mm Olympus is the better lens...

A wider glass will be easier to focus. I wonder how many people will dump the DJI 15mm and get the Olympus 12mm :p

Both the 12mm and the 15mm are wide angle lenses. Technically, the 15mm is closer to a normal lens from a photography perspective. It looks like the 15mm was focused past infinity and both appear to be stopped down past their optimum IQ. I don't think this test should be used to dismiss the 15mm, but I agree that the 12mm is probably a better lens for it's intended use.

Both the 12mm and the 15mm are wide angle lenses. Technically, the 15mm is closer to a normal lens from a photography perspective. It looks like the 15mm was focused past infinity and both appear to be stopped down past their optimum IQ. I don't think this test should be used to dismiss the 15mm, but I agree that the 12mm is probably a better lens for it's intended use.
It was not the best time to do the test (just before dark) .. i was more focused on the different FOV.... just had time to grab these 2 takes... the FOV is important to me... as i do a lot of FPV flying... i have a lot to learn on how to get the best out of these lenses...

Last edited:
12mm is the better lens for sure, a bit sharper and certainly controls flare better, and the fact you just just manual focus to infinity on the lens itself really helps. I had the Panasonic 15mm version which is exactly the same as the DJi (just rebranded). the 15mm will have its place, but personally I much prefer the 12mm. I even chucked a Samyang 7.5mm on the x5 to try and it worked perfectly, obviously ultra wide with the fisheye, doupt it`ll ever get used, but its cool to know it actually works!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham