Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Two issues: can't update firmware + RC not linked to M100

Reaction score
I've got about 25 flights on my new M100 (no camera mounted yet) and decided to update my firmware. I downloaded both the DJI Assistant 2 and WIN driver. Then I tried to update the firmware following the M100 user guide instructions on page 48 (no gimbal - plug in above the aircraft indicator light LED). Here's a screenshot of the Assistant 2 which did not appear to recognize the M100 when I plugged the USB in:
upload_2016-3-31_13-49-59.png
I tried pulling out and reinserting the USB connection to the M100, but the Assistant 2 remained the same as the screenshot above and nothing happened.

Now the worst part: When I then shut it all down, and then powered up the RC and aircraft to just fly the aircraft with the old firmware, the RC is no longer linked to the aircraft. I tried re-linking them via the DJI GO utility as described in M100 user manual pages 39 & 40, but it does nothing - the RC indicator light shines green and the M100 indicator light LED blinks yellow.

So, any advice on a fix? Alternatively, does anyone know someone in the Napa/San Francisco, California, area that could take a look at it? Many thanks in advance.

Kevin,

I have had the same problem. PC would not recognize the aircraft, shut it down, now when i turn on the bird all i get is a constant 2 beep pattern. I can connect the controller and ipad, but can not get any input from the controller or control the camera.

Kevin,

I have had the same problem. PC would not recognize the aircraft, shut it down, now when i turn on the bird all i get is a constant 2 beep pattern. I can connect the controller and ipad, but can not get any input from the controller or control the camera.
I am in this same situation with no Camera, with the update having failed on the Matrice 100 (M100) using the DJI Assistant. Some of the posts related to this, but have a camera, said to wait and let the aircraft beep for 40 minutes while it updates. Even though I didn't have a camera (or memory card) I tried letting it beep for about 4 hours connected to my PC with the controller on with no success. Does anyone have a solution as to how to get the M100 update working (starting over after a failed update) when you don't have a camera connected to the M100 and using the DJI Assistant?

I am in this same situation with no Camera, with the update having failed on the Matrice 100 (M100) using the DJI Assistant. Some of the posts related to this, but have a camera, said to wait and let the aircraft beep for 40 minutes while it updates. Even though I didn't have a camera (or memory card) I tried letting it beep for about 4 hours connected to my PC with the controller on with no success. Does anyone have a solution as to how to get the M100 update working (starting over after a failed update) when you don't have a camera connected to the M100 and using the DJI Assistant?
Note: I haven't flown the M100 yet (I just received it), it wouldn't let me skip the update, it required the update before I could fly. When I first started the DJI Assistant it connected to my M100 and showed that there were 3 versions of the firmware that needed to be updated. I went straight to the latest firmware and tried to update. When it started beeping I let it sit for a while, but then turned it off which got me into this bad state. I wondered if I had updated each version one at a time, and let it beep for 40 minutes each time, if I would have avoided this failed state.

Note: I haven't flown the M100 yet (I just received it), it wouldn't let me skip the update, it required the update before I could fly. When I first started the DJI Assistant it connected to my M100 and showed that there were 3 versions of the firmware that needed to be updated. I went straight to the latest firmware and tried to update. When it started beeping I let it sit for a while, but then turned it off which got me into this bad state. I wondered if I had updated each version one at a time, and let it beep for 40 minutes each time, if I would have avoided this failed state.

I wondered the same, unfortuneatley after i had already made a decision to do what was not correct. I attached my error log to this reply.

Is there any way to reset the firmware?

Attachments

• MATRICE100_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 19
I wondered the same, unfortuneatley after i had already made a decision to do what was not correct. I attached my error log to this reply.

One thing that I haven't tried yet, but I wonder if it would work, is to create a bootable USB stick with the firmware on it, get a converter (I don't have one) from USB to micro USB and plug it into the micro USB port on the M100. Then start the M100 to see if it will boot from the micro USB port and update the firmware from the stick. Just a thought, but I'm hoping for a reply to this message before I go buy a converter.

I've got about 25 flights on my new M100 (no camera mounted yet) and decided to update my firmware. I downloaded both the DJI Assistant 2 and WIN driver. Then I tried to update the firmware following the M100 user guide instructions on page 48 (no gimbal - plug in above the aircraft indicator light LED). Here's a screenshot of the Assistant 2 which did not appear to recognize the M100 when I plugged the USB in:
View attachment 7587
I tried pulling out and reinserting the USB connection to the M100, but the Assistant 2 remained the same as the screenshot above and nothing happened.

Now the worst part: When I then shut it all down, and then powered up the RC and aircraft to just fly the aircraft with the old firmware, the RC is no longer linked to the aircraft. I tried re-linking them via the DJI GO utility as described in M100 user manual pages 39 & 40, but it does nothing - the RC indicator light shines green and the M100 indicator light LED blinks yellow.

So, any advice on a fix? Alternatively, does anyone know someone in the Napa/San Francisco, California, area that could take a look at it? Many thanks in advance.
Kevin, did you find a solution to this yet?

that is an interesting idea. i am going to look and see if i have one. assuming it is booting into windows?

i still think a simple reset button like on the inspire would be helpful.
The things I have read format the stick FAT.

Todd, where did you get the log file from? I learned that it is usually located on the SD Card of the Camera. I don't have a camera.

Where did you get the log? I learned that the log file is usually on the SD card in the camera. I don't have a camera, do you?

Smootar, I pulled it off the SD card that I put in the camera.

I have the same problem when connecting my PC to the aircraft, they just do not talk to each other.

Do you have a Video Decoder? That would work ILO the camera.

After talking to DJI support by phone, we decided to send the aircraft and controller in to their repair facility. They fixed it and sent it back - it works fine now. I believe the problem is with trying to update firmware when you do not have a camera - I just could not get the procedure outlined in the user manual to work.

We selected the Matrice as our standard airframe for our contracted flight services business. I bought another one last week (our 7th Matrice purchase), this one with the X5 camera. Out of the box the unit required a firmware upgrade which I performed via the micro SD card in the camera. That upgrade worked flawlessly.

They quoted two weeks, but it was only about one day, plus a few days of shipping. Really fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham