Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

TB30 battery pairing

Reaction score
I've ordered a Matrice M30 and I'm looking for extra batteries. I see used ones are available but since these batteries are used in pairs DJI recommends that they be used as a matched set.

After reading the manual, I'm confused about the language. The manual states that the aircraft will warn you if the 2 batteries are significantly different in "battery life".
My translation is that if the batteries are at significantly different levels of charge (1 and 95% and 1 at 50%), the app will display an alert.
OR, should "battery life" be translated to mean that one battery is older - say having 100 charge/discharge cycles while the other has 6 cycles?

The reason the meaning is important is if I purchase used batteries, can I assume that if they are in decent condition and charged to the same level, I can pair them? Or can I only use batteries with relatively similar charge/discharge cycles?

I've ordered a Matrice M30 and I'm looking for extra batteries. I see used ones are available but since these batteries are used in pairs DJI recommends that they be used as a matched set.

After reading the manual, I'm confused about the language. The manual states that the aircraft will warn you if the 2 batteries are significantly different in "battery life".
My translation is that if the batteries are at significantly different levels of charge (1 and 95% and 1 at 50%), the app will display an alert.
OR, should "battery life" be translated to mean that one battery is older - say having 100 charge/discharge cycles while the other has 6 cycles?

The reason the meaning is important is if I purchase used batteries, can I assume that if they are in decent condition and charged to the same level, I can pair them? Or can I only use batteries with relatively similar charge/discharge cycles?
After getting crickets everywhere I called tech support at DJI and they explained that it's the number of cycles that the controller looks at and if the charge/discharge cycles are significantly different it will show an error. I asked if the aircraft would still fly and he said yes - although he said it wasn't recommended.
Hope that helps anyone else who might wonder about battery pairing.

Reactions: GsquaredAerials

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103