Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Settings Changing / Resetting

Reaction score
Reposting from rcgroups:

Has anyone seen settings change between flights or if the setting shown in the app doesn't match what the camera does?

I've seen settings like aperture mode, F stop, shutter, etc. reset when powering up. It seems more common in dual operator mode. Yesterday we had an X5 set up for 4K DCI 24 (walked through all settings prior to shooting as normal) and somehow we ended up with 4K UHD 30 on the card. It was on set. Really really bad. Is it possible the settings didn't take? Or somehow reset?

App version 2.8.1, bird is on 1.8.

And yesterday, flying one of my Inspires after having used the same phone on the Inspire on set, all of my expos were completely different. Sluggish throttle, hyper yaw. Really annoying.

Who knows where the settings are held? In the camera? In the app? Sometimes in dual operator, it seems like the settings from each controller fight with each other when powering up. Which one takes?

I wish DJI would put all the settings on the bird and have them stick between flights no matter what is in the app.

Yes drives me crazy. Especially the MF, I shot one whole flight out of focus because it reset to a focal distance just shy of infinity but of course I had been flying a bunch so never thought of it...
Also my ISO was doing weird stuff - like showing in the slider it was 400 but in the other spot 800, until I wacked it back and forth a bunch until they matched.

Annoys me too:
Using manual exposure, if you power the battery off between flights, the Shutter speed and Frame rate are remembered for video, but not the f stop, which closes down to f14 or whatever the lens minimum is. I then have to reset it for the next flight (having remembered it from the previous flight for consistency).
Also, why are there not separate setting for Stills and Video? If you set a shutter speed of 50 for PAL video, that is the setting in stills too. Each mode requires different settings to be optimised.

It also may lose the aperture setting when completing focus calibration, changing battery or lens which is frustrating. Either the camera or craft require say a 2032 type battery to remember user data when the flight battery is removed. DSLR's have an internal battery for this purpose

I agree. I also notice when calibrating lens focus it switches and remains on video mode. It switches to video to improve the screen resolution for easy of focusing but you then have to remember to tap the camera symbol, then AF without hitting AE lock next door. Difficult to complete with screen reflections and their closeness to each other. I would also prefer it to keep the higher resolution in camera mode.

Am I also right in thinking that there is no facility for autofocus when pressing the shutter release. It seem so odd to need to pre focus then hit the shutter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens