Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

First of all, I know nothing about Matrices, but am considering one.

Reaction score
After some research, I'm considering a used M210 platform, sort of as a jack of all trades. I do a little thermal, a little mapping (workload increasing), a lot of commercial real estate, some construction monitoring, some inspection, with quite a bit of it in scenic locations. In my non-business capacity, but honestly for advertising, I shoot a lot of sunrises.

I can apparently pick up a used 210 V2 RTK for pretty cheap. I know nothing of the control app, but what I did see had very limited camera control, and I couldn't find shooting brackets. Is that true?

I was thinking of the X5S camera to start because of the lenses. I have Mavic 3 Pro, but a lot of the pictures I take are distant buildings and ships over water, so I sort of need the 3X or 7X camera and they suffer from a lot of noise in the high dynamic range environment.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

After some research, I'm considering a used M210 platform, sort of as a jack of all trades. I do a little thermal, a little mapping (workload increasing), a lot of commercial real estate, some construction monitoring, some inspection, with quite a bit of it in scenic locations. In my non-business capacity, but honestly for advertising, I shoot a lot of sunrises.

I can apparently pick up a used 210 V2 RTK for pretty cheap. I know nothing of the control app, but what I did see had very limited camera control, and I couldn't find shooting brackets. Is that true?

I was thinking of the X5S camera to start because of the lenses. I have Mavic 3 Pro, but a lot of the pictures I take are distant buildings and ships over water, so I sort of need the 3X or 7X camera and they suffer from a lot of noise in the high dynamic range environment.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
I bought a Matrice M30 for the optical zoom that covers 113-405mm equivalent. It gets great telephoto views, but, yeah, it's a 12 mpx 1/2" sensor and needs light to get good results. I also have a Mavic 3 and the 20 mpx wide camera is great, but the 7X camera is underwhelming. Using the digital zoom was a losing proposition on both of these despite the glowing adverts.
I also looked at the 210 v2's as a relatively inexpensive way to upgrade to better cameras and lenses. The X5S can support a Panasonic Lumix 14-42 mm Zoom which would be about 28-84 mm equivalent.
If you want more flexibility and choice for longer lenses for photography, it looks like an Inspire might be in your future,...

Reactions: clackey

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103