Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Replacement Gimble for Inspire Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.flyinghorseimaging.co.uk
I am sure some knowledgeable folk would be able to help! Are the gimble and camera separate repair/replacement items or are they integrally one unit? Any idea of the replacement cost of both? Thanks in advance.

I am sure some knowledgeable folk would be able to help! Are the gimble and camera separate repair/replacement items or are they integrally one unit? Any idea of the replacement cost of both? Thanks in advance.
Well, DJI will tell you it is a single unit but repair centres can and have repaired specific components.
It all depends on what is damaged and whether your choice of repair centre can and are able to do the work.
I know that probably doesn't sound too helpful but it really is a case by case basis.
DJI however will always want to replace the whole unit.

Well, DJI will tell you it is a single unit but repair centres can and have repaired specific components.
It all depends on what is damaged and whether your choice of repair centre can and are able to do the work.
I know that probably doesn't sound too helpful but it really is a case by case basis.
DJI however will always want to replace the whole unit.
Thanks Mark. My camera works fine but I think the gimble is slightly out of alignment slightly following a "small incident....ahem!" It works but is slightly noisy when panning and yawing in certain configurations. Do you know any outfit in UK that might be able to solve the issue?

Thanks Mark. My camera works fine but I think the gimble is slightly out of alignment slightly following a "small incident....ahem!" It works but is slightly noisy when panning and yawing in certain configurations. Do you know any outfit in UK that might be able to solve the issue?
Give these a try ....... Drone Doctor UK - Quadcopter and Camera Drone Repairs
They are part of the First Person View outfit. They're a good bunch of guys but I would talk to them first and talk through your issue.
They have been trained up by DJI over in China so should be able to sort your problem.

Give these a try ....... Drone Doctor UK - Quadcopter and Camera Drone Repairs
They are part of the First Person View outfit. They're a good bunch of guys but I would talk to them first and talk through your issue.
They have been trained up by DJI over in China so should be able to sort your problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have, in fact, already been in touch with them and they checked the whole drone over and gave it a clean bill of health. We also flew it without problem in a park nearby. However, in the quiet of my house today, I can distinctly hear a slight metallic sound similar to that already posted on this forum. Visually, it looks slightly out of alignment in a full rotation. Perhaps, I should just go with it and hope it doesn't fail. I believe a replacement from the DJI store would cost £1399 without lens. A very expensive outcome for a relatively trivial incident.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have, in fact, already been in touch with them and they checked the whole drone over and gave it a clean bill of health. We also flew it without problem in a park nearby. However, in the quiet of my house today, I can distinctly hear a slight metallic sound similar to that already posted on this forum. Visually, it looks slightly out of alignment in a full rotation. Perhaps, I should just go with it and hope it doesn't fail. I believe a replacement from the DJI store would cost £1399 without lens. A very expensive outcome for a relatively trivial incident.

PS I should have added that they said that all repairs to the gimble and camera would have to be undertaken by DJI in Holland. I don't really need the delay involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz