Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Pilot 2 app crashing (repeatedly) during flight

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention this, so here is a problem I ran into last weekend.

The Pilot 2 app has been crashing (closing on its own) during my last couple flights, so I sent DJI my controller logs and apparently it is a known problem that they are working on. Here is their response.

qiwen.zhou (DJI Support)
Aug 18, 2022, 15:07 GMT+8

Dear Thomas,

Good day! Thank you for your patience and I hope this letter finds you well.

Upon consulting with our engineer, we found this crash problem to be common in DJI Pilot 2 App recently. Therefore, we are urgently working on a new version to fix this issue, the launch date is estimated to be within this week at the earliest.

Reactions: Vasco
Yesterday a new firmware version for the controller and Pilot 2 app was released.

Attachments

• M30_Release_Notes_en_20220818.pdf
    328.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Vasco
Yesterday a new firmware version for the controller and Pilot 2 app was released.
Thanks, updated this morning. I see that it was the ADS-B notifications that were shutting down the app. My flights have been within 5 miles of the Colorado Springs airport which makes sense now. I'll test it this afternoon and see if they fixed the problem.

Our Matrice 300 RTK also was suffering from Pilot 2 crashes and DJI's fixes made the problem worse.

The update from 8/10/2022 for the 300 RTK 04.01.0101 fixed my problem.

I too see that the ADS-B notification make sense for when the app was crashing. We have a tourist helicopter that is in the air constantly and now that I think of it, the app crashed when I was in areas where he flies.

Our Matrice 300 RTK also was suffering from Pilot 2 crashes and DJI's fixes made the problem worse.

The update from 8/10/2022 for the 300 RTK 04.01.0101 fixed my problem.

I too see that the ADS-B notification make sense for when the app was crashing. We have a tourist helicopter that is in the air constantly and now that I think of it, the app crashed when I was in areas where he flies.
Updated the controller and It finally stopped raining so I flew for 15min without the app crashing, Looks like that solved my problem.

Reactions: pspec and jaja6009

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103