Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Our X7 Arrived Not Working - Very Frustrated!

Yes...spooky when you first witness it. It's called quick spin. Look it up and watch a video so you are prepared for the event. FWIW, it has to be enabled in the software and it will not work unless you are more than 10 or 15 feet above the ground. (which I find a bit disconcerting. Like...is it safe or isn't it? Does DJI think you need to be prepared for a 10' drop or????)

Yes...spooky when you first witness it. It's called quick spin. Look it up and watch a video so you are prepared for the event. FWIW, it has to be enabled in the software and it will not work unless you are more than 10 or 15 feet above the ground. (which I find a bit disconcerting. Like...is it safe or isn't it? Does DJI think you need to be prepared for a 10' drop or????)

Yes thats the name..I have seen a video and yes its scary but at the same time amazing to watch I think its called quantum physics
Bur as my last post..people who are testing the X7 on the ground are finding out the hard way that it cant pan all the way round..unless its in the air

I think you're right. It's a time-space thing. They didn't have the time, or the space to put a slip ring in so it could be a true 360 gimbal....

Thanks for the thought but my issue has nothing to do with the quick spin feature. I just have a spazzy, overheating, non-functioning gimble...

Thanks for the thought but my issue has nothing to do with the quick spin feature. I just have a spazzy, overheating, non-functioning gimble...
Get it to DJI as fast as you can before they claim they have no replacements to send you and make you wait For....EV....ER

Reactions: SWINDY and Advexure
Yes, @teecee please connect with DJI or your dealer to have that unit immediately replaced under warranty.

We have had a couple isolated cases that were immediately deemed DOA and swiftly replaced in an expeditious manner. We have not experienced any widespread issues with our X7 owners thus far.

When receiving an X7 it is recommended to use Assistant 2 to fully update the aircraft first with no camera installed (we even advise refreshing it if the current FW was loaded at a previous date). Once that is complete, install the X7 and run another update/refresh. We have been running this procedure on all new I2 and X7 setups going out and we have not faced any issues.

Reactions: SWINDY and DamesNY
Firmware is now out to resolve these issues hopefully.

518bf71e10e37ad12f699fa97a4ef623.jpg

Reactions: Advexure
I am trying to update for about 3 hours now and no success!
It reaches the 73%, reboots a few times and fails.
Anyone had success in the update?

Yes, tried with assistant and it stops at 73%.
With the CrystalSky it reaches 80% or 19% of the "camera" update

Ok done mine..seemed to stick at 44% for ages then rebooted and completed ok..so use DJI assistant,,camera connected. connected to pc with USB..make sure the switch above the USB is DOWN......down is pc mode /up is tablet mode
dont have your controller on..do separatly

hope this helps

Cheers

We may recommend trying the update with no camera first and then once complete with just the aircraft try running it again with the camera installed.
That was my first approach but it didn't work. Without the camera the update of the drone runs smoothly. With the camera it crashes.
I am reverting the bird to the old firmware an try to "refresh" the 01.0200 version with the x7 on.

trying mine now..will let you know
Hope your luck is better than mine!! :) Are you doing the update with the camera mounted?

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz