Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New X5 Firmware v1.3.0.60

I just shot my aircraft.

Hi Snake,

I got loud beeping on my P3pro..I think the following should suit you too...
I removed memory card, reformatted it, ExFat or Fat32.... replaced firmware on the card.
Re-inserted card,,,,, horrid beeping, but this time the led on the camera was blinking red and green... upgrade in progress...beeping continued for five minutes (I've read it can be ten minutes) and then it stopped... led still going red and green.... then a beep or two and the led was solid green. Job done.

I suspect you interrupted the upgrade before it had finished.

best

hugh

Hi Snake,

I got loud beeping on my P3pro..I think the following should suit you too...
I removed memory card, reformatted it, ExFat or Fat32.... replaced firmware on the card.
Re-inserted card,,,,, horrid beeping, but this time the led on the camera was blinking red and green... upgrade in progress...beeping continued for five minutes (I've read it can be ten minutes) and then it stopped... led still going red and green.... then a beep or two and the led was solid green. Job done.

I suspect you interrupted the upgrade before it had finished.

best

hugh
Hi

i got it fixed. I downloaded the firmware from the x5 page instead of the inspire pro page. According to version numbering they are the same, but maybe one got corrupted during download.

I tried above things too, but nothing helped. Sometimes it started firmware upgarde (red and green flashing) but the AC just turned itself off and i thought wow done, started it up again and horrible beeping again. Had this numerous times happening and one time all of a sudden the status indicator started flashing again and the aircraft "turned" on but was still upgrading... I let it do that and just waited and waited and voila it worked. I really thought i shot my AC now and cant use it anymore. Did a short testflight and it really flies ;)

wow what an horrible situation. I went to a store for the other update issues i had and they pretty much just kept playing with it too until it finally solved my previous issues. They guy even shot one of their store inspires and his own phantom it only had a solid red light....
DJI has to work on that update procedures and to safely update it. The store guy told me he did dozens of updates and always the same time and sometimes this cr*** happens out of the blue. Thats pretty bad, especially if you are overseas and no one there for help, except sending it back to the US or China and you wont see it anymore for the next 3 month probably ;)

Hi

i got it fixed. I downloaded the firmware from the x5 page instead of the inspire pro page. According to version numbering they are the same, but maybe one got corrupted during download.

I tried above things too, but nothing helped. Sometimes it started firmware upgarde (red and green flashing) but the AC just turned itself off and i thought wow done, started it up again and horrible beeping again. Had this numerous times happening and one time all of a sudden the status indicator started flashing again and the aircraft "turned" on but was still upgrading... I let it do that and just waited and waited and voila it worked. I really thought i shot my AC now and cant use it anymore. Did a short testflight and it really flies ;)

wow what an horrible situation. I went to a store for the other update issues i had and they pretty much just kept playing with it too until it finally solved my previous issues. They guy even shot one of their store inspires and his own phantom it only had a solid red light....
DJI has to work on that update procedures and to safely update it. The store guy told me he did dozens of updates and always the same time and sometimes this cr*** happens out of the blue. Thats pretty bad, especially if you are overseas and no one there for help, except sending it back to the US or China and you wont see it anymore for the next 3 month probably ;)
I admit I am really scared of any upgrades now. I won't be doing anymore unless I can see everyone having the problem sorted out.

I admit I am really scared of any upgrades now. I won't be doing anymore unless I can see everyone having the problem sorted out.
I was scared to but still tried it. So far the only update which worked right away was the very first one, which was done by a store rep and he did the same thing as i did and always problems. I was always able to recover my AC and devices. But still a lot of trouble :/

Isn't there a reset button on the inside front right of the craft.
Maybe press that!

Trying different SC card and install other firmwares. Doubt it is broken, probably justa glitch, post it on the X5/Rthread on RCGROUPS. DJI QA on there can be helpful.

yes i was afraid of updates, i think there is a couple of things to remember to do it right.

1 check the card format type. ( i use fat32 default )
2 add the BIN file to the card.
3 make sure its a full battery.
4 listen to the beeps, here in Aus i was told to listen for 3 beeps to know its completed and also the camera led is solid green.
5 after you have completed the updates please check your setting's , mine was all set back to 4.3 not 16.9 and i use 1080@60fps not 4k but it set it at 4k.

just some issues i had and hope it helps some guys out.

cheers

yes i was afraid of updates, i think there is a couple of things to remember to do it right.

1 check the card format type. ( i use fat32 default )
2 add the BIN file to the card.
3 make sure its a full battery.
4 listen to the beeps, here in Aus i was told to listen for 3 beeps to know its completed and also the camera led is solid green.
5 after you have completed the updates please check your setting's , mine was all set back to 4.3 not 16.9 and i use 1080@60fps not 4k but it set it at 4k.

just some issues i had and hope it helps some guys out.

cheers
Yes,... everything must be reset again.

I need help here!

I just installed the latest firmware v1.3.0.60, everything seems to be ok and Settings shows the correct versions. But when I turn the Inspire 1 Pro on, the gimbal does the regular initial rotations right and then left, it stays for a second in the correct position pointing to the front and then suddenly it does another rotation to the right and stays there (not pointing to the front).

I downgraded to the previous firmware v1.2.0.50 and it starts working correctly.
I put back the latest v1.3.0.60 and it happens the same issue.
I recalibrated the Gimbal and nothing.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thank you.
Alex

I need help here!

I just installed the latest firmware v1.3.0.60, everything seems to be ok and Settings shows the correct versions. But when I turn the Inspire 1 Pro on, the gimbal does the regular initial rotations right and then left, it stays for a second in the correct position pointing to the front and then suddenly it does another rotation to the right and stays there (not pointing to the front).

I downgraded to the previous firmware v1.2.0.50 and it starts working correctly.
I put back the latest v1.3.0.60 and it happens the same issue.
I recalibrated the Gimbal and nothing.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thank you.
Alex
Try compass calibration and IMU calibration then redo gimbal calibration.

Thanks for your advice x5yo
I did the compass calibration, but I can't find the IMU calibration.
BTW, when I press the Reset Gimbal Yaw in the DJI GO app, it returns the camera to the correct frontal position.

Please tell me where in the DJI GO app is the IMU calibration.

Thanks
Alex

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice x5yo
I did the compass calibration, but I can't find the IMU calibration.
BTW, when I press the Reset Gimbal Yaw in the DJI GO app, it returns the camera to the correct frontal position.

Please tell me where in the DJI GO app is the IMU calibration.

Thanks
Alex
When you press the * button to get the main main its on the first screen I think at the bottom under sensors.layout sucks I agree.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz