Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New Matrice 100 w/goodies!

I got it assembled and did a couple test flights.. Since I was use to home built quads using my Taranis radio, I didn't do a lot of flying till I learn more about the DJI controller and how it flies. Will do some more today.. I flew it with both batteries installed but only one turned on, wanted to see how it handled.. It danced around a bit in hover and when it was flying straight, seemed to lose some altitude.. Wondering if I got the center of gravity correct.. both batteries are in the most rear position and the x3 out front. There was almost a complete lack of documentation that came with it. lots of Chinese though! nothing that told you how to assemble so I went based on some YT video's I found. DJI did not provide any adhesive for putting the GPS mast together but I had some thick CA handy.. It did come with a bunch of 2 sided tape for mounting the GPS and the small silver box (looks like an external connection port?

They should have left the battery compartment off when packed in the box because you have to remove it to get at the antenna connections anyway.

Shudnt wander at all. U running an A2 in it? Maybe you were in atti mode. Wanting tomsll off all my heavy lifters to buy a matrice. Love my inspire and p3..Rock solid in GPS mode.

The Matrice 100 comes with the N1 installed.. At least that what I have read.. Didn't see (or look for) any markings on it when I had the top plate off.. Another thing I notice on mine, the side of the plate where the gimbal is installed is solid, doesn't have the big cutout and the gimbal plate that goes under it (instead of on top) is solid as well except for a small square hole for the ribbon cables.. I'm wondering if this is in prep for the x5? :p or they might have had issues in that area on the previous design?

As for wandering.. I think I figured out what my problem is, I failed to calibrate the compass.. Just sat it down, and turned her on is all.. The DJI GO app didn't complain about it not being calibrated.. odd.. I had used my Samsung Galaxy when first testing.. Just went out back and used my iPad Mini 4 and it complained about compass calibration.. Only problem is, I'm like 2 miles from a major airport so it said I was in a no-fly zone.. :(

Here are some pictures of my bird.. Can any of you veteran M100 owners tell me if I have the battery compartment in the right position?

DSC01027.JPG DSC01028.JPG DSC01029.JPG DSC01030.JPG DSC01031.JPG DSC01032.JPG

I've tried moving batteries around to get best cog, but finally ended up with both at back, like you. Turned down braking to 75% to reduce some of the harsh rocking up, when stopping. Maybe someone else has better suggestion for battery placement uploadfromtaptalk1450130092793.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1450130059598.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Whoa.. did you find a case that fits your assembled M100!?
Ya, the big suitcase wasn't working very well, so I took the foam out of one of my Inspire cases, added a pillow, and the Matrice fits perfect. Some foam for the batteries, controller, etc, and I'm safe with the dog going with me to fly.. He can jump all over this case without hurting the Matrice.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I've tried moving batteries around to get best cog, but finally ended up with both at back, like you. Turned down braking to 75% to reduce some of the harsh rocking up, when stopping. Maybe someone else has better suggestion for battery placement View attachment 5064 View attachment 5063
Hey I am trying to go the same route T motor 14.48 props I was wondering where did you get the adapter for the prop to fit properly?

Reactions: crashburn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz