Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

New firmware to X5 released Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.2.0.50 2015-12-09

Ther is a Glitch in FW 1.2.0.50 - do not upgrade your X5 with this.
You who say that one should not upgrade, you must tell why we should upgrade, you sound like Armageddon. Get down on the ground and came to the matter

Here's the latest from support on this. They instructed me to try the Inspire 1 1.05.00.30 firmware again in my Inspire 1 Pro, with some additional information. They told me to first format my mini sd card to exFAT then put just the bin file on the card, insert the card into the X5 and power it on and let it run for at least 40 minutes. They say not to worry about the indicator lights, tones, or lack thereof. Apparently they don't always work. Here goes nothin....

Just tried it. You have to put your x3 to your inspire 1 even if you run the x5. After updating with the x3 fix the x5 and update to 1.2.0.50. Exiting, the olympus zuiko 14-42mm zoom runs perfect.

He said,she said,I said,they said and so the riddle continues!!

If you do not KNOW do not put fuel on the fire. Deal in FACTs

Who is going to put their rep and balls on the chopping block and lay down in two sentences for each platform how and what to update?

I will provide template please see below

To update Inspire Pro/X5
1. To update firmware on X5 Camera use .....(insert as applicable)
2. To update A/C Firmware on Inspire Pro use ...
To Update Inspire X3
1. To update x3 camera use......
2. To update A/C inspire firmware use....

Hopefully we can tie this thread down before it grows several arms,heads ,legs and goodness knows what else!!

I'm just passing on what DJI support tells me. I KNOW what they told me to do. If I shouldn't pass that on to the community I won't. Yes its frustrating because they have told me several different things. Don't shoot the messenger.

Mate not shooting the messenger mate.

Have you done what they told you and its working okay?

Ok mate fair one -I am not having a pop at you. I share your frustration.

The fact that is not working is good for process of elimination -that what DJI is telling you potentially may not be not totally correct. The mind boggles. When will DJI learn?

You should be able to answer them the question (in this case what firmware to use) and it should come back in a simple sentence. I will provide templates for them. LOL.

DJI are in for a shock as the industry evolves. People love their products however not their after sales/support.

People are coming after them and they are going to surprise them.

Ok sorry off topic. Hopefully you get your A/C updated. It will be something simple but if you don't know you don't know. Thats the bummer minutes/hours lost becauseDJI can't get all its pepperoni on the pizza.

Let us know when its updated -hope its soon.

This place is good for guys chiming in. Do not know how I would get by without the support from forums (this one included). DJI would not be my first port of call if I had a problem.

The latest guy emphatically states that the Inspire firmware is not to be applied to the Inspire 1 Pro, which makes sense to me. I actually argued with one of the guys when he told me to download the Inspire 1 Firmware. I'm rolling back to 1.1.0.40 at this point. I should have known better than to call support. Now I definitely know better.

On the I1 Pro download page, I see the same version available, but now the date shows 12-10-2015 instead of 12-09-2015. Did DJI actually modify the firmware file and not increase the version number? If so, that's a new low in irresponsible software practices.

Reactions: photobeauty
On the I1 Pro download page, I see the same version available, but now the date shows 12-10-2015 instead of 12-09-2015. Did DJI actually modify the firmware file and not increase the version number? If so, that's a new low in irresponsible software practices.
Yes correct - It is fixed

What if you have a Inspire X3 and you tuned it to a Inspire X5. Well it was a long day yesterday to update it and a lot of things went wrong.

1. I took of the X5 and put X3 on.
2. I downgraded to the Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00
3. i updraded to the Inspire 1 Firmware v1.4.0.10
4. I upgrades th the Inspire 1 Firmware v.1.5.0.30

That went fantastic. The iOS and the rc where already updated to the latest firmware

5. I took the X3 off and put the X5 on
6. I upgraded to the Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.2.0.50

And everything was good!

Than i mounted the Zuiko 14-42mm Zoom an it was really fantastic!

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hello all,
1.2.0.50 Inspire Pro firmware has been modified and now is dated 12/10/15 This has fixed our problem of the aircraft upgrade needed message being present after we already did the upgrade. I have been emailing my contact at DJI throughout the evening explaining this issue really needed to be resolved as quickly as possible. A lot of people are being told to download the Inspire 1 firmware, Do not do this. Go to the x5 download page and download the latest version there dated 12/10/15 I hope this helps , I know it can be frustrating.

Sincerely,
Ralph @ FlyHighUSA

Reactions: tweaker
Here is the results from the latest download of the Inspire Pro x5 firmware upgrade dated 12/10/15. I hope this helps everyone as I know I was about to pull my hair out lol. If anyone needs help just give me a shout.
Respectfully,
Ralph @ FlyHighUSA

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: tweaker
Ralph
Fantastic thank you for your accurate and informative post

Clarity at last.

Hmmm I wonder why I never update straight away? Once bitten twice shy.

Dear dear DJI another classic from the "market no 1".

Hopefully Santa brings you an on the ball after sales/product support team!!

Here is the results from the latest download of the Inspire Pro x5 firmware upgrade dated 12/10/15. I hope this helps everyone as I know I was about to pull my hair out lol. If anyone needs help just give me a shout.
Respectfully,
Ralph @ FlyHighUSA

I'm glad they "fixed" the firmware update, but in doing so, they have created a new issue. By not increasing the version number, there are now two different firmware files out in the world with the same version number. That is as irresponsible as it gets! But wait, it gets better! If you go to the I1 Pro downloads page, you'll see the firmware with the 12/10/2015 date. If you go to the X5 download page, you'll see the same version number, but it's the broken version dated 12/09/2015. Yes, they still offer the broken version for download!

I guess DJI could get a tiny bit more stupid next time and release two different versions, but on the same date. We're only talking about numbers here. There's an infinite supply of numbers in the world. Just change the file from .20 to .21 and all is right in the world.

Software engineering is one thing; software release engineering is another. They are mediocre at the former, and terrible at the latter.

Someone on the DJI support Facebook page says that I am OK. The "glitch" they are referring to isn't a problem with the new X5 firmware; it's the fact that the Go app claims that the aircraft needs an upgrade. The fix in today's version: it no longer says it needs an update. That's it.

But my Go app wasn't saying that, because I updated the aircraft using the Inspire 1 (non-Pro) firmware and an X3 camera. So there is an aircraft firmware update, which is currently only available in non-Pro form, and which requires an X3. So the Go app was in fact telling the truth: a newer version of your aircraft firmware exists, and you aren't running it. But since that update wasn't included in the Pro firmware package, it never got updated. Unless you used the non-Pro update and an X3.

This is an embarrassing mess. Software release engineering isn't that difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham