Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Need some help understanding all of this

Reaction score
I am very new to this side of things so please bear with me. I have a Matrice 300 RTK and im really trying to figure some things out. First being DJI Terra....Is there any in depth training for it? IS there more software needed to actually create a deliverable with contours etc... ? I know some people use drone deploy, or an array of other software's. What do I ACTUALLY need?

I am very new to this side of things so please bear with me. I have a Matrice 300 RTK and im really trying to figure some things out. First being DJI Terra....Is there any in depth training for it? IS there more software needed to actually create a deliverable with contours etc... ? I know some people use drone deploy, or an array of other software's. What do I ACTUALLY need?
Hi, I have the same feeling and working on it, I'm not new to tools as is software etc as If I don't have it I make my own.
So I ask first you got a 300 RTK, well I got a M30T, I expected software will be issue as you get it how you use it,

First take some training in 2D 3D photo mosaic, Then thermal you you got the load ,

I still have to question why did you get a 300 RTK ?

Reactions: KAPture3Designs
DJI Terra is EXACTLY like every other piece of software DJI has released….vague, zero training materials, and limited functionality. DJI counts on the innovation of its users to make anything happen outside of a solid UAS that has impeccable downlink. That’s why they have (and even these are WEAK), SDKs for basically everything. Windows, iOS, Mobile, Payload, and more. As for “their” apps, anyone who’s been in the game long enough knows DJI and Apple have been working together since the Inspire1/Mavic1. I actually even spoke to two Apple employees at a DJI launch event for the Inspire2 in LA that confirmed exactly what we believed, and is why DJI struggles on pretty much any android device.

I flight plan, with 3X as many airframes compatible, in 1/2 the time with Maps Made Easy’s Map Pilot Pro, and still get full processing (.obj, .las, GEOTIFF, Colorized DEM, .kmz and more) done in about 2-3 hours on average.

The only thing I would use Terra for is if I were running a 2-3 return L1, which after flying VUX-1’s from Riegl for years, it’s kind of laughable. Terra and L1 are like the rest of DJI’s products, something that’s eye catching and easy to use and show off a colorized point cloud quickly, although it’s precision is 5+ cm compared to 2mm.

I have to agree with @AtoZ - why the RTK? Are you aware of the need for a base station and such? Otherwise your precision is going to be about the same as simple photogrammetry. The user manual makes it pretty obvious it’s for the L1… https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji-terra/20221110/DJI_Terra_User_Manual_v3.6_EN.pdf

Hi, I have the same feeling and working on it, I'm not new to tools as is software etc as If I don't have it I make my own.
So I ask first you got a 300 RTK, well I got a M30T, I expected software will be issue as you get it how you use it,

First take some training in 2D 3D photo mosaic, Then thermal you you got the load ,

I still have to question why did you get a 300 RTK ?
Hi, do you have software that can make an othomosaic from images taken with a M30T? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens