Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M600 to M600Pro - more than A3 Upgrade

Reaction score
I've come across a several Listings for M600 in classified (Ebay, and forums) where they've Advertised package is a "M600Pro", upgraded from a M600.
A note to be aware... adding the A3 Pro & Top M600Pro Cover upgrade isn't the only upgrade needed to become a M600Pro.

If you're looking to Purchase a M600Pro... something to be watchful... if you desire a full version of a M600Pro.
A M600 with A3Pro isn't a M600Pro... it's a M600 with A3 Upgrade.

To equal a M600Pro, requires multiple additional parts.
These additional parts make it identical in Appearance and Operation to a M600Pro.
Part of the operation is transportation in case; these components provide the M600Pro quick take-down functionality and fitting & transportability in a GPC M600Pro Case (different case for M600).

The M600 to M600Pro upgrade involves:
1) A3 Pro Upgrade
2) M600Pro Top Cover

Plus the additional...
3) Pair of Skids (includes the M600Pro Quick Releases)
4) Pair of Leg struts
5) Pair of Antenna mounts for Arms (will need to drill mount hole in M600 arms).
6) Pair fo Antennas & proper length leads
7) Leg Strut Spring Kit (mates to the quick release brackets and landing gear assemblies)
8) Lf & Rt Landing Gear Motor assemblies
In addition to the cost of A3 Pro, the above will add an additional $850-900 to the upgrade.

The L&R gear motors are pricey, as well the carbon components.
If You purchase a M600 upgraded with A3 advertised as M600Pro... they owe you about $880 refunded for the remaining upgrades.
Lastly, Even if FULLY Upgraded, still should be listed as M600 upgraded to M600Pro. The Serial Number & the Model Sticker will state M600, not M600Pro.

These are the additional M600Pro parts required to complete a M600 to M600Pro platform in addition the A3 Pro & Cover.
M600Pro Parts.jpg

Update June 2021...
Finally had a nice Saturday free to sit outside and disassemble the M600 and finishing converting to M600Pro.

Well, for those interested... 1 more step.
After swapping all the parts listed above, I noticed it would not fold as "compact" as the M600Pro to fit in DJI Box or M600Pro GPC Case.

Looking a bit closer... the Arms, Arm Frame Mounts are exactly the same. The Arm's Boom Mount are NOT.
The Arm's Mount is slightly different, and requires either replacing with M600Pro Boom Mount or modifying the M600 mount.

The 2 Mounts are identical, from the same mold. But the M600Pro has had a lower section removed.
If you were to grind these small sections off, the Arms would fold more compact before hitting stops.

See attached photos: M600 vs M600Pro mount.
Noticed the small triangle section that needs to be removed. You can see the M600Pro was ground flat in this area.

M600 motor arm trim .jpg

M600 Pro motor arm.jpg

Antenna Mount.
Modifying the M600Pro Motor Arms.

M600 antenna is on end of Landing leg near skid. The M600Pro is located on the 2 Side Motor Arms.
You'll need to carefully drill & grind an "Oval" hole to fit the Antenna Bracket "cup". This is relatively easy, just take time and pencil in your line and drill point. I used a straight edge & pencil between motor housing (small notch) and similar nub on the mount side to insure hole was Level & at the 9:00 o'clock position. Used an 1/8" drill and a Dremel small 1/8" grind wheel.

Next, remove the wire grommet on the Arm's end. Use a small gauge wire and thread down Arm passing out the new Antenna hole... tape wire to antenna lead, pull it up through the Motor Arm, and route to Antenna Extension.
Another point to be aware of are the antenna extension leads. With the M600Pro antenna leads, you have ample room to route the antenna's to the Lightbridge... actually gained a small bit of length.

Additional things to watch:
Antenna Sockets on Lightbridge Air Unit.
** The Previous Owner of the M600 indicated it lost video easily, but apparently retained RC connection.
I noticed prior to tearing it down for parts conversion, it did behave oddly to my understanding. Gave a Weak Signal Warning in Logs, but indicated normal strength in Signal Icon in Top Screen Tray. Each time I restarted it would pop up warning on Weak Signal in main screen logs, while showing 4-5 Bars on Transmission Icon.

Tranmission Setting: Another area I need to test on my other M600Pro... My memory may be off since haven't used the Z30 mount in long time. Using the Z30 mount to mount the Z30 required the HDMI & EXT Mixed (40/60 to 60/40) even though there was NO HDMI source plugged into LB HDMI Port or 2nd Screen for PIP. If I placed it to 100% EXT, it wouldn't show the camera. Sliding it back into a Mix would show EXT Image for the Z30 in GoApp. I also mounted the XT2 without success... wouldn't show in Pilot App.

Looking at A3Pro, LB2 and cables closely, 1 of the Antenna Leads into LB2 Socket was broken inside the LB2 socket. This created... I'm assuming a poor connection or possible intermittent connection. Created a DJI Service Ticket, hopefully they'll repair / replace.

In Brief,
When you hear someone has converted a M600 to a M600Pro... think again!
Adding a M600Pro Top and A3Pro Upgrade is just an A3Pro Upgrade.
I see many selling an M600 A3Pro Upgrade at the M600Pro price, when it should be about $1000 less.

To fit & fold arms compactly to fit into a GPC or M600Pro case, and able to quickly take landing struts off; it needs to be fully converted to M600Pro.

That carries a significant cost & time to perform a full M600Pro conversion, easily exceeds the difference in purchasing a M600 vs M600Pro. Although once done, other than "Model Sticker" and Serial Number, it will be an exact M600Pro craft.

That entails:
1) A3 Pro Electronics Upgrade
2) M600Pro Top Cover
3) Pair of Skids (includes the M600Pro Quick Releases)
4) Pair of Leg struts
5) Pair of Antenna mounts for Arms (will need to drill mount hole in M600 arms).
6) Pair fo Antennas & proper length leads
7) Leg Strut Spring Kit (mates to the quick release brackets and landing gear assemblies)
8) Lf & Rt Landing Gear Motor assemblies
9) M600Pro Motor Arm Pivot Mounts or Modify (Grind) M600 Mounts to match M600Pro.
10) Plan on extensive disassembly to change Landing Gear Assemblies, Modifying (Drill & Grind) 2 Arms for Antennas, and routing associated cables through craft.

Quick Tip for M600Pro Owners
Removing the M600Pro Top Cover:
To easily remove the M600Pro top without needing to unplug various cables & GPS CAM connectors.
On the Top, from Ft & under the Front GPS mount... Count over 4 Tabs from Right, a quick Dremel cut removing the 5th little plastic tab from cover allows you to slide GPS cable out of Top Cover without unplugging anything.

Nice if you want to check / verify A3 Module LED's (Blue, Green, INOP) and GPS Puck LEDs. Test the Failover and watch the A3 Unit's failover to alternate A3 Module. Blue - Standby, Green - Active, INOP - A3 Unit or GPS Puck Failure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz