Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

M210 V2 Timelapse photography ( year long ) assistance ?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Next question...

Matrice M210 V2 with Zenmuse X7 camera.

Looking to automate a fixed position in the air, automating camera position, to take still imagery or a short video which can be stored and reflown month on month.

Basically, to build up a timelapse of like for like images and videos in exactly the same orientation.

Any suggestions welcomed please ! My solution so far is to use an identical take off point, and manual gauge the position...

I can borrow a Mavic Air / Mavic Air 2 if necessary but would prefer this solely as a contingency due to the resolution of the X7 camera...

Thanks all !!!

I just completed some projects with this type of requirement. The only solution that gave a good result (and it still needs a little tweak in photoshop or premiere) was dronelink. Even better than other solutions it lets you freehand a mission while it records your actions - which you can replay later.

Typically I would plan a photo mission & video mission on the desktop, go to site and fly both. With those in the can, I then fly a freehand photo & video mission. On subsequent visits we autonomously fly all 4. The results were far better than we could get from dronedeploy, dji waypoints or litchi. Almosdt spot on.

It also lets you adjust gimbal separate from flightpath and plans/records photos in AEB mode which I feel are prerequisites.

I was dubious at another autonomous platform but requirements are requirements. In the end I was super happy because even standard photo/video gigs I now turn up with a preprogrammed mission or two that flyies while I scan for perfect angles etc.

I just completed some projects with this type of requirement. The only solution that gave a good result (and it still needs a little tweak in photoshop or premiere) was dronelink. Even better than other solutions it lets you freehand a mission while it records your actions - which you can replay later.

Typically I would plan a photo mission & video mission on the desktop, go to site and fly both. With those in the can, I then fly a freehand photo & video mission. On subsequent visits we autonomously fly all 4. The results were far better than we could get from dronedeploy, dji waypoints or litchi. Almosdt spot on.

It also lets you adjust gimbal separate from flightpath and plans/records photos in AEB mode which I feel are prerequisites.

I was dubious at another autonomous platform but requirements are requirements. In the end I was super happy because even standard photo/video gigs I now turn up with a preprogrammed mission or two that flyies while I scan for perfect angles etc.
Thanks so much @zero2espect - appreciated. I will be giving it a try.

I have started the task, just out of interest, and am currently flying manually BUT I plan to use the exported flight paths from the flights to plan autonomously and will try this method.

Thanks so much for this, appreciated !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz