Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!
Reaction score
Recently (last two firmware updates) my photo taking and sometimes video recording is painfully slow. Today the footage was very jerky but is fine on the card when imported into the computer. I find when taking photos it takes about 5 seconds sometimes before I hear the click and the white circle spins another few seconds before I can take another photo. I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 16GB and 64GB cards. Never used to have this problem until recently. Also getting CPU overload which will cause performance issues and can't seem to find an answer on that one but thinking maybe heat related as it was 36°C today.... Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Assuming you are you using an iPad mini 4 or older, the Go 4 App is eating up a lot of the processor on iPads less than an iPad Pro. You can try deleting all info/apps not needed on on the iPad, clearing caches and turning the video transmissions to 720. I also read that the newer updates to IOS may have cured some of the CPU overload issues.

Optimize your apps usage to avoid slowing the performance of the CPU or else you'll need to upgrade in order to have great performance.:) The heat caused by overused can be a factor also.

Thanks guys I'm flying again tomorrow so will definitely try those things out and will also keep iPad mini in my lunch cooler with ice pack to keep temp down.

So I went out again today and this time first thing in the morning when it wasn't hot. I also bought my iPad mini 4 in my lunch box with ice pack. It was nice a cool. I also deleted about 50% of the apps on the iPad and restarted it. As soon as I got started and didn't even take off the warning came up again that device CPU is overloaded and may cause instability and performance issues. At first it did and then about 30 seconds into flight things seemed to improve a lot but still had jerky transmission and slow write speed with photos especially. Also things were slow to react again such as switching from photo to video mode or deactivating flight modes etc. This NEVER used to happen until about a month ago (2 firmware versions). I'm at a loss at this point...

I have an Inspire 2, SanDisk premier Pro 64 GB and a ultra 7.5 inch Crystalsky Monitor. I am also having that same problem. In addition, the DJI Go 4 App occasionally freezes and I have to restart the Crystalsky Monitor while I'm in the air.
The Crystalsky Monitor gets very hot [130°F case temperature] but the sluggish operation and freeze ups do not seem to be correlated with the high case temperatures.

Recently (last two firmware updates) my photo taking and sometimes video recording is painfully slow. Today the footage was very jerky but is fine on the card when imported into the computer. I find when taking photos it takes about 5 seconds sometimes before I hear the click and the white circle spins another few seconds before I can take another photo. I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 16GB and 64GB cards. Never used to have this problem until recently. Also getting CPU overload which will cause performance issues and can't seem to find an answer on that one but thinking maybe heat related as it was 36°C today.... Thanks in advance if anyone can help
Same problem with my I2 using crystal sky monitor. For the past 4 or 5 shoots, I power up the I2, hit the record button, and it stops recording video after about 8 to 20 seconds. When the problem happens I see the slow write speed warning. The only thing that corrects the problem is when I turn off all power and programs, change batteries, then start again. I need to go through that process 3 or 4 times before the video recording succeeds and I can continue the flight.
This process takes about 30 minutes, a terrible delay when I'm on the job.
Things that seem to have no affect on problem, temperature, recording format, re-formatting the disc, other programs on monitor (since crystal sky doesn't allow them), record start time (meaning before flight or during flight).
I'm using Samsung 128gb EVO Plus MicroSDXC with write speed of up to 90mbs/sec.

Same problem with my I2 using crystal sky monitor. For the past 4 or 5 shoots, I power up the I2, hit the record button, and it stops recording video after about 8 to 20 seconds. When the problem happens I see the slow write speed warning. The only thing that corrects the problem is when I turn off all power and programs, change batteries, then start again. I need to go through that process 3 or 4 times before the video recording succeeds and I can continue the flight.
This process takes about 30 minutes, a terrible delay when I'm on the job.
Things that seem to have no affect on problem, temperature, recording format, re-formatting the disc, other programs on monitor (since crystal sky doesn't allow them), record start time (meaning before flight or during flight).
I'm using Samsung 128gb EVO Plus MicroSDXC with write speed of up to 90mbs/sec.
I just checked the I2 movie recording specs and see that most formats are spec'd at 100 mb/s.
Is this the minimum recommended write speed? Do I need to purchase faster cards?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair