Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Is this type of banding to be expected from this sensor...?

Reaction score
My first demo run tonight. I wanted to make sure the bird flew, and I KNOW this is not a camera for night aerial photography, but man that banding is TERRIBLE. I remember my Canon 5dMK2 used to be bad when pushed but this is STRAIGHT off the raw file with no editing or RAW touch-ups....

This is my first M4/3 sensor, so I want to know if this is normal....

Attachments

• Banding.jpg
    Banding.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
What FW version are you on?
I took this tonight - iso 800, 1/10 sec, f2

not the most amazing shot but as you can see no banding

Attachments

• night skyline.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • DJI_0032.JPG
    DJI_0032.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 66
My first demo run tonight. I wanted to make sure the bird flew, and I KNOW this is not a camera for night aerial photography, but man that banding is TERRIBLE. I remember my Canon 5dMK2 used to be bad when pushed but this is STRAIGHT off the raw file with no editing or RAW touch-ups....

It's a little overexposed but I don't see the banding you're talking about. Are you confusing the shadows of the streetlights for banding?

It sure shows up when you open the picture and look at the night sky. Unacceptable.

I just updated my firmware today to the latest version.

I will do more experimenting tomorrow trying different ISO and F stops. Was just curious if this happened and to get used to it, or if theres something else at play.

Could ALSO be the Adobe RAW converter?! I need to try JPG as well as RAW files!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz