Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Inspire cameras

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Any advice on the X4 camera. I’ve been offered a great deal on an Inspire 2 but with a X4 not X5 camera.
Learning real estate photography and mapping.
Please advise soon as deal is pending.
Thank you.
??

Hi Folks
Any advice on the X4 camera. I’ve been offered a great deal on an Inspire 2 but with a X4 not X5 camera.
Thank you.
??
Well I'm not exactly what advice you're looking for. I am assuming you mean the X4S camera. Its an excellent camera with 1" sensor and mechanical shutter. If all you're doing is real estate shoots then it should be more than sufficient. Also great for mapping. If you ever do need any higher end cameras/lenses then you can buy a different camera. That's the beauty of interchangeable cameras.

Honestly though, you should also consider size. The I2 is big and heavy. For what you need, you can easily get the same results with a Phantom 4 Pro. I use my P4P instead of my I2 all the time for such tasks. For real estate shoots even a smaller drone would work, like a Mavic Pro. For mapping though, you would want a mechanical shutter (like the P4P and I2 have), so I would stay with one of those two.

Well I'm not exactly what advice you're looking for. I am assuming you mean the X4S camera. Its an excellent camera with 1" sensor and mechanical shutter. If all you're doing is real estate shoots then it should be more than sufficient. Also great for mapping. If you ever do need any higher end cameras/lenses then you can buy a different camera. That's the beauty of interchangeable cameras.

Honestly though, you should also consider size. The I2 is big and heavy. For what you need, you can easily get the same results with a Phantom 4 Pro. I use my P4P instead of my I2 all the time for such tasks. For real estate shoots even a smaller drone would work, like a Mavic Pro. For mapping though, you would want a mechanical shutter (like the P4P and I2 have), so I would stay with one of those two.
Thanks for the great advice. I have a P4P and love it But flew an Inspire 2 yesterday and it’s amazing. I found it Easier to fly than the P4P. More precise and easier to determine orientation when high up or far away.?? Reason I ask about the Inspire one is price of the 2.
??

Thanks for the great advice. I have a P4P and love it But flew an Inspire 2 yesterday and it’s amazing. I found it Easier to fly than the P4P. More precise and easier to determine orientation when high up or far away.??
Well the I2 is bigger so yes you can see it at a longer distance. I really don't find it to be any more precise than the P4P. My P4P is rock solid and extremely precise.

Reason I ask about the Inspire one is price of the 2.
The Inspire 1? When did that come up? Your post was about an I2.

My advice would be to stick with your P4P since it is a great piece of machinery. I am even considering selling my I2 because of how little I use it.

Well the I2 is bigger so yes you can see it at a longer distance. I really don't find it to be any more precise than the P4P. My P4P is rock solid and extremely precise.

The Inspire 1? When did that come up? Your post was about an I2.

My advice would be to stick with your P4P since it is a great piece of machinery. I am even considering selling my I2 because of how little I use it.

I have I2 and P4P. I believe both have same 1 Inch sensor. I do Real Estate in upscale water front communities. The increased risk and noise flying that "Condor" in that type of community is too much for me. The P4P is a perfect fit for me. cheaper on batteries and solid. I fly usually right around sunrise and sunset. The P4 is almost background noise to most, but the I2 would wake the dead!

Hi Folks
Thank you.
??
I use the I2 with X4S for commercial RE Photography. It does a great job and I see no reason to spend the extra dough>

I just upgraded to I2 with X4s from lets just say something alot smaller. I read alot about people saying the setup time is too long, its too big and blah blah blah. The only thing I would agree with completely and point out to you is it drawing more attention. It does not launch in the public without getting noticed but I find it fairly easy to work with in regards to getting setup. I think that was the most common downside I read about in reviews and with aftermarket CF folding props it skips a little setup time. I personally would not recommend them but thats another thread in itself. Ive never had a P4P or any Phantom because I just don't like how they look but I don't think you could get the same stability in above 15mph winds, as the I2. If you want to make money with it ,you don't ever want to lose income because of high winds if you can help it. Maybe Im wrong but it's about double the weight and you just can't deny physics. Ive had the I2 up in at or above 15mph winds and the only way you can tell in the video is the trees, otherwise you would never know.

I just upgraded to I2 with X4s from lets just say something alot smaller. I read alot about people saying the setup time is too long, its too big and blah blah blah. The only thing I would agree with completely and point out to you is it drawing more attention. It does not launch in the public without getting noticed but I find it fairly easy to work with in regards to getting setup. I think that was the most common downside I read about in reviews and with aftermarket CF folding props it skips a little setup time. I personally would not recommend them but thats another thread in itself. Ive never had a P4P or any Phantom because I just don't like how they look but I don't think you could get the same stability in above 15mph winds, as the I2. If you want to make money with it ,you don't ever want to lose income because of high winds if you can help it. Maybe Im wrong but it's about double the weight and you just can't deny physics. Ive had the I2 up in at or above 15mph winds and the only way you can tell in the video is the trees, otherwise you would never know.
I have flown all of them. It's not a terribly big deal but the I2 definitely takes appreciably more time to set up than a P4P. You just plan for it and it's no big deal. As to size and portability, the P4P wins again. Once you put a P4P in a hard case with all the extra batteries and such, the size difference is not as big as one would think. However with the stock factory cases on both, the P4P is much easier to carry.

In terms of picture and video quality, there's no difference between the P4P and the X4S camera so it's a wash.

As to stability in wind and gusts, I would disagree with you. The P4P is rock solid. I have used it in 20 to 25 MPH gusty winds and the video is solid. Also a benefit of the P4P in such conditions is that you can easily hand launch and hand catch. Sure you can potentially do that with an I2 but it's nowhere near as easy. I will concede that the I2 is more stable on the ground with it's larger stance, but once in the air the P4P is easily as stable and maneuverable.

Another factor is range. The P4P and the MP have phenomenal range in all sorts of conditions. The I2 has an appreciably shorter range and I don't know why. I have tested them at the same location a the same time, and the P4P wins out on range every time.

Usage over time tells the tale for me. The P4P gets used all the time while the I2 gathers a lot of dust.

Sure there are the features where the I2 shines and the P4P cannot even begin to match up, but that's not what i use mine for. If you need the high-end cinematic cameras and lenses then the I2 is the way to go. If you are using it only with the X4S then the P4P really beats it in most every category.

I have flown all of them. It's not a terribly big deal but the I2 definitely takes appreciably more time to set up than a P4P. You just plan for it and it's no big deal. As to size and portability, the P4P wins again. Once you put a P4P in a hard case with all the extra batteries and such, the size difference is not as big as one would think. However with the stock factory cases on both, the P4P is much easier to carry.

In terms of picture and video quality, there's no difference between the P4P and the X4S camera so it's a wash.

As to stability in wind and gusts, I would disagree with you. The P4P is rock solid. I have used it in 20 to 25 MPH gusty winds and the video is solid. Also a benefit of the P4P in such conditions is that you can easily hand launch and hand catch. Sure you can potentially do that with an I2 but it's nowhere near as easy. I will concede that the I2 is more stable on the ground with it's larger stance, but once in the air the P4P is easily as stable and maneuverable.

Another factor is range. The P4P and the MP have phenomenal range in all sorts of conditions. The I2 has an appreciably shorter range and I don't know why. I have tested them at the same location a the same time, and the P4P wins out on range every time.

Usage over time tells the tale for me. The P4P gets used all the time while the I2 gathers a lot of dust.

Sure there are the features where the I2 shines and the P4P cannot even begin to match up, but that's not what i use mine for. If you need the high-end cinematic cameras and lenses then the I2 is the way to go. If you are using it only with the X4S then the P4P really beats it in most every category.
Thank you so much for your valuable information and expertise. For
Now I am definitely sticking with my P4P.
Happy flying.
??

Reactions: PhantomFandom

I love DJI and I know the Phantom is there bread and butter but ive never like it. It probably does better with range because they want you to buy the Cendence. No one will ever change my mind personally, I just dont like Phantoms. I paid $200 more for my I2 brand new in the box than a P4P pro and Ive never flown a Phantom and never will. I love my I2 so , Ok its a little quirky with a few things but so are alot of things that are advanced in design. Will I ever use it for more than real estate photos, yes actually I have already but someone else may not. I was going to screenshot a thread on here someone saying there I2 was up in 35mph winds but facing into the winds direction. Ill beleive it when I see it but no way no how with a Phantom. What do I know though Ive never flown one .

One difference which is often forgotten is the independent yaw movement of the camera on I2. Yawing with the craft is not as smooth as yawing with gimbal. Also if you are in tight spaces where there is 0% room for error with sticks, and you are not 100% confident controlling the craft in nose in position, swinging the camera backwards can make a big difference between being comfortable or being profoundly stressed on the job. Just my 2 cents worth

I love DJI and I know the Phantom is there bread and butter but ive never like it. It probably does better with range because they want you to buy the Cendence. No one will ever change my mind personally, I just dont like Phantoms. I paid $200 more for my I2 brand new in the box than a P4P pro and Ive never flown a Phantom and never will. I love my I2 so , Ok its a little quirky with a few things but so are alot of things that are advanced in design. Will I ever use it for more than real estate photos, yes actually I have already but someone else may not. I was going to screenshot a thread on here someone saying there I2 was up in 35mph winds but facing into the winds direction. Ill beleive it when I see it but no way no how with a Phantom. What do I know though Ive never flown one .
So this is all just personal bias against a craft which you have never tried or flown yourself. I don't know where you're getting your drones but the price difference between a P4P and a I2 (with camera) is a lot more than $200. Not even close.

You say that no way will a Phantom withstand high winds but again this is just conjecture and baseless opinion. I own both. I fly both. I have flown both in high gusty winds. Once airborne, the Phantom is very stable even in higher winds. The issue is takeoff and landing, but I hand catch in those situations.

Sure everyone has their own opinions but please don't disparage a product's performance without any real-life experience with it. Just because you don't think a P4 can't handle wind, doesn't make it a true statement. Nor should it be used to guide the buying decisions of others who are looking for real-life feedback...from experience.

One difference which is often forgotten is the independent yaw movement of the camera on I2. Yawing with the craft is not as smooth as yawing with gimbal. Also if you are in tight spaces where there is 0% room for error with sticks, and you are not 100% confident controlling the craft in nose in position, swinging the camera backwards can make a big difference between being comfortable or being profoundly stressed on the job. Just my 2 cents worth
Yawing with the craft may not be as smooth as with an independent gimbal. That is true. But using tripod mode and an experienced pilot, it's pretty darn close.

In tight spaces, you will get a smaller drone in there a lot easier than a large one. There are spaces where my Mavic Air is a better tool for the job than either my I2 or my P4P. If it is tight, I certainly wouldn't want the huge drone in there. As to swinging the camera around being easier, that depends on the pilot and the availability of a second pilot/camera operator. For a single pilot, dealing with camera direction and nose direction can be more work than using just drone yaw. With two controllers and two pilots then I fully agree. One controls and monitors the flight while the other controls the camera. With one pilot it can actually be more workload on the single pilot to do both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz